• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rush Mafia - Game Over - Rush Wins Again

My opinion on safe power claims is that I give you names and you use your creativity to come up with something that fits. I'm not doing your job for you.

I agree, but this game design isn't the type of game that presents mafia with problems coming up with good claims.

The best of this info from BYM is that knight - knowing he was going to get a non-game breaking role that was similar to a vanilla civ - still decided to post that he hadn’t read his role, and then had a GENUINE reaction to the role 100 seconds later after he looked.

bym promised me nothing. I can ask for a role, but I would never assume that it be granted to me.

Agreed. I think we just need games where there are roles with multiple utility that are roughly the same. Which then enables mafia safe claims that can mirror the same. Until the former happens the latter remains so sketchy that people won’t buy the claim.

For example, I'm totally considering putting two millers in my next game just for shits and giggles.

Actually, I was thinking about a semi-open format where the 'deck' of all possible roles is known, each player is RNG'd 2 'role cards' from the deck, each player chooses one of the two roles, and all of the discards are published at game start. As long as there's at least 1 anti-town role in the game, off we go...otherwise reroll.

Obviously composition of the deck is key, and there's a lot of wifoming about who would choose what role and why.

For example, I'm totally considering putting two millers in my next game just for shits and giggles.

Actually, I was thinking about a semi-open format where the 'deck' of all possible roles is known, each player is RNG'd 2 'role cards' from the deck, each player chooses one of the two roles, and all of the discards are published at game start. As long as there's at least 1 anti-town role in the game, off we go...otherwise reroll.

Obviously composition of the deck is key, and there's a lot of wifoming about who would choose what role and why.

This is good. Gloomhaven Mafia.

I’ve got to figure out how to be more helpful as a cleared civ. I feel like once I’m past suspicion, I’m just along for the ride.

Congrats to whoever won, I’m sure you earned it

Most shocking thing about this game as a casual observer is that Rye-Al-Uh claims he’s actually RYalaman, like JManslow’s name cousin or something.

The best part about the design of this game was that mafia totally could have claimed anything. We had duplicate 2 one-shot cop claims plus a 2-shot cop. We had some RNG'd powers, some every third night powers and one every night power. We had some standard (cop/protect / role block) powers, some post-restriction powers, and more creative powers like JTP's and Knight's.

Everyone was wary of claims until proven in the end - people were questioning redwing until the end. You could have claimed anything you wanted.

It's more difficult in other big theme games, and mods might want to start giving safepowerclaims, but this game was really well done in terms of allowing for fake claims.

You’re saying this with the benefit of knowing all the roles now

I’ve got to figure out how to be more helpful as a cleared civ. I feel like once I’m past suspicion, I’m just along for the ride.

You tried to get a couple runs going on me. Gotta figure out how you play really, if I'm leading I'm usually engaging with people by calling out their posts and judging their reactions. You gotta figure out your own style though

Or you can just call people broke bitches and shoot them

@Eagles - this is what I'm trying to reference. Yes, the strongman thing definitely played a role but I was also trying to explain how you being early on dv7 (accidentally said Townie which lol) actually put you in a worse position. Without a doubt, the early charge for you was primarily a function of still being alive in the game.

But I think it's fair to say that the reason you ended up getting lynched also had to do with JMan and Knight calling you out for the reaction, and redwing and I pushing based off your analysis. Maybe it was confirmation bias but it's the read Redwing and I both got.

I pointed this out in mod chat but I thought it was fucking hilarious that you used the same point to claim that it was super Civ for Eagles and therefore made him a maf lean

I didn’t get to read much of the game as I was moving/driving most of the last 3 days, but the dumbest thing I saw was Knight claiming that Eagles voting ***redpants*** would be in any way confusing to other players

I'll just say I'm an album name. Not today's album. I'm basic betty right now.

No idea what power I could/would get when my album's day comes up. I'd rather not die, but I'm not going to vote to save myself.

I won't name my album now. There is no point given the OP/rules.

except i don't think dv7 is maf

i'm Permanent Waves, a rush fan's favorite rush album

would go gat or parlay or doofus or numbers

i'd rather not say what i can do when i get my power

You’re saying this with the benefit of knowing all the roles now

Mafia were given powers with the same mechanic as most civs - you guys could, for example, have done better than this on D1

[please excuse old man who's using multi-quote for the first time]

I didn’t get to read much of the game as I was moving/driving most of the last 3 days, but the dumbest thing I saw was Knight claiming that Eagles voting ***redpants*** would be in any way confusing to other players
He's just working up to claiming he wasn't actually mislynched because people voted for 'Knight' rather than 'Grabs Turds Bare'. FAKE NEWS

I tried to give people a hand with mechanics. Anyone who PMed me got things explained fairly. I did the same thing for mafia in chat if they asked.

On the first live album day, I PMed the people who would be included (BCC) telling them it’s their album’s live album day.

I said this at the time in maf chat but I think people overestimate the amount of orchestrating that happens in maf chat. Maybe there should be more but I’ve been in a lot lately, and even winning ones don’t really self-organize, and even less so in closed games. Maybe a game with Knight is very different. Idk. Usually it’s something like “hey get a claim ready” and then maybe a little feedback.

I said this at the time in maf chat but I think people overestimate the amount of orchestrating that happens in maf chat. Maybe there should be more but I’ve been in a lot lately, and even winning ones don’t really self-organize, and even less so in closed games. Maybe a game with Knight is very different. Idk. Usually it’s something like “hey get a claim ready” and then maybe a little feedback.

I intentionally stay out of mafia chat because it really fucks up my game.

The last time I was in the maf chat it was basically just you, d14 and me alternately laughing hysterically and shitting our pants at how we all got called out within 10 minutes of day 1.

Back