• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rush Mafia - Game Over - Rush Wins Again

I said this at the time in maf chat but I think people overestimate the amount of orchestrating that happens in maf chat. Maybe there should be more but I’ve been in a lot lately, and even winning ones don’t really self-organize, and even less so in closed games. Maybe a game with Knight is very different. Idk. Usually it’s something like “hey get a claim ready” and then maybe a little feedback.

It's possible there is a correlation between this play style and mafia getting railed. My first mafia of Tejas and Damo fucking owned the game. My second mafia couldn't overcome Parlay shitting the bed with the terrible one off claim. But if you had asked anyone who was going to win the game prior to Parlay doing that, 90% put us in the win column.

Like hoop said, there is room for improvement. However, a really weak mafia member really impacts the game.

You tried to get a couple runs going on me. Gotta figure out how you play really, if I'm leading I'm usually engaging with people by calling out their posts and judging their reactions. You gotta figure out your own style though

Or you can just call people broke bitches and shoot them

Test game: everyone gets a vig, including maf. No other powers, just vigs. Does this game last more than 2 days?

I think mafia has done a better job in the smaller games where there are fewer claims possible. Thats off the top of my head and could be completely wrong.

I think mafia has done a better job in the smaller games where there are fewer claims possible. Thats off the top of my head and could be completely wrong.

I’m drinking Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA right now. So delicious.

That feels right. Maf fake claims are behind the rest of civ/maf play right now.

Lol run it tomorrow, I bet its over without hours

Next week. I'm taking Friday off and my partner will murder me if I use that time to mod a maf game instead of hanging out with her.

I am working on a Warcraft game.

Unless there aren't enough nerds here to enjoy that theme, but fuck it there weren't enough Rush fans to enjoy this theme and it was still fun.

I am working on a Warcraft game.

Unless there aren't enough nerds here to enjoy that theme, but fuck it there weren't enough Rush fans to enjoy this theme and it was still fun.

giphy.gif

I thought this was a unique and interesting game setup. It's unfortunate for the mafia that they had two gods who couldn't refrain from stepping on their dicks, and a couple morons who killed themselves early. Balance was fine.

That feels right. Maf fake claims are behind the rest of civ/maf play right now.

Not really.

Doofus has been claiming vanilla civ well
I claimed role cop to success
Eagles had a good claim of getting to ask the mod a question

I think we are seeing variance/randomness rather than a trend but that’s just me. If anything is a problem, it’s the fact that every game has too many claimable roles.

Not really.

I think we are seeing variance/randomness rather than a trend but that’s just me. If anything is a problem, it’s the fact that every game has too many claimable roles.

With so many themed games, mafia almost has to learn to dumbtell which sucks but since civs do it every game, what can you do? Run themed opens, I guess

Not really.

Agree with this, but felt it was not nearly as much of an issue in this setup.

oh man, this kinda just hit me reading over the end game again

I was so upset that you were mafia and didn't get to see it in a reveal.

For those who didn't see in deadchat, the only god modded thing in this game was Knight's role. He didn't want to play as something that would disrupt the game if he AAed due to his leg. I made up that role for him, since the game had no vanilla.

I'm dumber for reading this acrostic.

I haven't yet read my role, but I have court this morning and I'm worried about getting caught up.

***Hoop***

Ok, I caved. I read my role and I win with rush. I'm immune from night actions. Soooo...eat a D, mafia.

As if any more proof is needed that GTB takes these games wayyyy tooooo seriouslyyyyy

dude, for real? you did this, Knight? HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

*breathe*

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

*what a twat!*

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

bym promised me nothing. I can ask for a role, but I would never assume that it be granted to me.

hmmmmm

For those who didn't see in deadchat, the only god modded thing in this game was Knight's role. He didn't want to play as something that would disrupt the game if he AAed due to his leg. I made up that role for him, since the game had no vanilla.

oh man, this kinda just hit me reading over the end game again

As if any more proof is needed that GTB takes these games wayyyy tooooo seriouslyyyyy

dude, for real? you did this, Knight? HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

*breathe*

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

*what a twat!*

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Think about this for one second: the way you play is worse than knight.

I think this is silly and I probably shouldn’t bother addressing it. Like Knight said, I didn’t promise him anything. I told him I had a role for him if he wanted to play. He agreed and didn’t know any more about it until he got a PM.

Back