• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

End of Week Mafia Game Thread - Game over. Tejas loses

DeacdeTejas

Reaction score
Mafia Rules

1. If you have any questions about rules or game setup or need clarification on a specific issue, please PM me. Do not post these questions on the thread. I will not be lenient and will err on the side of AA’ing mod talk. If the question is something that I feel that needs to be addressed for all players, I will post a Mod Note in the thread.

2. Votes must be made by bolding or starring a player’s name (ex: tejas or ***tejas***). If you would like to switch your vote from one player to another, please indicate this clearly by using language such as “switch to ***tejas***.” I will try to provide frequent vote counts; this will help tremendously in making sure these vote counts are accurate.

3. Two missed votes will result in an AA. If you absolutely know that you will not be available to make a vote during a specific day round, I will allow players to send a proxy vote to me. Any proxy votes will be posted as a Mod Note and will only contain the vote itself.

4. If there is a vote count that you do not think is accurate, DO NOT POST AS SUCH IN THE THREAD. Refer to Rule #1 and send me a PM, preferably with what is the correct vote tabulation and/or what post # contains a different vote than what I have listed.

5. The clock I will be using is the clock at time.gov. Day rounds will end at 10:30:59am/12:00:59pm/1:30:59pm/3:00:59pm/4:30:59 pm Eastern Time unless otherwise indicated in a Mod Note.

6. If two or more players are tied at the end of a day round, an instant OT will start. The first additional vote on a player in the tie will instantly end the round and that player will die. If no player has received an additional vote by 10 minutes after the scheduled deadline, the kill will be RNG’d between the players in the tie.

7. In the event of a player receiving a majority of votes prior to the scheduled end of a round, an instant majority vote will be called and 5-minute twilight will begin. I will make every effort to be around to track majos but please police yourself. At the close of the 5-minute twilight period night will be called. And normal night rules will apply. If a majo has occurred but twilight is not called and posting/voting continues, the majo will still count and no switches after the majo will be recognized.

8. Majority votes will not occur when there are 6 or fewer players remaining. Majority votes will not occur when there is 20 minutes or less remaining in a round.

9. Absolutely no night posting. Similar to mod talk, I will not be lenient. I understand some lag between trying to get a post in at the buzzer and the board registering it, but any posts outside of a very narrow window post-“NIGHT” will likely result in an AA unless extreme extenuating circumstances exist. Some discretion MAY come with majority votes. Do not test this.

10. This is an open game. Mafia and Civ Specials receive pms, vanilla civs do not.

11. Order of Operations is as follows:
a) Night actions
b) Night kills

12. Other general rules: No editing or deleting posts, No repping of posts, No angle-shooting or cheating.

Last edited:
This game has 3 mafia goons, a standard angel and a neighborizer. A neigborizer is a player who can target players at night to recruit them to a Neighborhood (a civ chatzy). They join the neighborhood when the next day opens. However, if the neighborizer attempts to add a mafia to neighborhood, the neighborzier will die and the neighborhood will continue (if filled).

Mafia wins if their numbers equal or are greater than the civs at the start of a day.

Last edited:
Player List:

1. townie - angel - died night 1
2. gat
3. doofy - civ - lynched day 1
4. sd3
5. ph
6. jman - civ - AA for missed votes - Night 2
7. jtp - neighborizer - died night 2
8. dv7
9. gouda - civ - killed night 3
10. knight - civ - lynched day 2
11. toogs
12. goaliemom - mafia goon - lynched day 3
13. rommy

Last edited:
Just in case it was missed in post one. Day rounds will end at 10:30am/12:00pm/1:30pm/3:00pm/4:30pm Eastern Time unless otherwise indicated in a Mod Note. 15 min nights

wait I mean I'm drinking miller

high life

Neighborizor should neighborizor whoever they first vote for during the day. Switch vote later, but recruit whoever they first vote for

Back