• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Sports Mafia Game - Mafia 2 Wins?

redwing42

Reaction score
I saved most (ok, all) of my good writing bits for the larger version of this game, which maybe I can run in a couple months or so if interest is there. So everybody gets the stripped down version this time around.

The college sports battlefield rages on, despite the current lockdown. As restrictions start to lift and college sports tries to get back on its feet, the ACC is looking to defend its home turf. The B1G and Big 12 are both trying to muscle their way in to marginalize the ACC in a way that expansion only partially succeeded in. Despite their rivalries on the field, will the members of the ACC be able to band together to stop these outside threats?

Standard Rules apply with the following notes/exceptions:

I use the clock on the boards. Post ends with a zero, it counts. Ends in a one, it doesn't.

Overtime rules are ten minutes ending with everyone involved in the tie dying, if the tie is not broken. However, deaths in this manner are capped at three per round. If there is a four or more player tie which is not broken, the three players that die will be determined by RNG.

Majority rules are five minutes of twilight from the moment of the deciding vote. Votes may change during this five minutes, but if there is still a majority after five minutes, NIGHT will be called. If at any point before this the majority is removed, the five minute timer will restart in the case of a new majority. No majorities will be called within 20 minutes of the established round deadline. No majorities with fewer than 8 players remaining.

Order of Operations:

Jailing
Roleblocks
Powers which affect investigations
All investigatory powers
All other miscellaneous powers
All killing powers

This does not guarantee that any or all of these powers are present in the game.
If a player is jailed, they are removed from the game entirely for the night period, and any powers that target them will be rendered ineffective. Results will be returned as such.
If there is any circumstance in which powers in the same step could counteract each other (roleblocking a roleblocker, for example), I will enact powers based on a first come, first served basis. However, all killing powers will happen simultaneously, even if a killer is being killed.

NO MOD TALK. NO PM TALK.

You may not claim your role/character in thread. Do not even hint at it. You may claim any power you would like.
This game was developed in a double random setting, so there is no correlation between roles and powers, aside from roles being placed on the appropriate conferences.

Last edited:
1. Gouda - University of Notre Dame - Vanilla Civ - Killed N2
2. ryala
3. SD3 - Ohio State University - Mafia 1 RB - Killed N6
4. BYM
5. GM - Indiana University - Mafia 1 Goon - Lynched D4
6. Numbers - Boston College - Vanilla Civ - Killed N5
7. Deacsfan27
8. JTP - Florida State University - Civ Cop - Killed N4
9. Da - University of Virginia - Civ Vig - Killed N1
10. Tejas - University of Louisville - Vanilla Civ - Lynched D2
11. JMan - University of Pittsburgh - Vanilla Civ - Lynched D6
12. timdunk - Duke University - Civ Angel - Lynched D1
13. Townie
14. Rommy - Syracuse University - Vanilla Civ - Killed N1
15. DV7 - University of Texas - Mafia 2 Vig Hitter - Lynched D5
16. Mako
17. Nonny - Clemson University - Civ BG - Lynched D5
18. PH - University of North Carolina - Vanilla Civ - Lynched D3
19. GAT - Virginia Tech - Vanilla Civ - Killed N3
20. Toogs - NC State University - Backup Cop - Killed N2
21. Manning
22. Eagles - University of Michigan - Mafia 1 Vig Hitter - Killed N2

Last edited:
timdunk - You are Duke University, representing the ACC. In this game you are an Angel. You may choose one player to protect each night. If that player is targeted by a night kill, that kill will be prevented and everyone involved will remain in the game. You may not protect the same player consecutively, and you do not have to use your protection. There may be factors in play which prevent your power from working. You win with the ACC.

Rommy - You are Syracuse University, representing the ACC. In this game you are a Vanilla Civ, and you win with the ACC.

Da - You are the University of Virginia, representing the ACC. In this game, you have one vigilante hit that you may use to target a player on nights 4, 5, or 6. You only have one hit to use, and there is the potential for this hit to be prevented. You will not get the hit back if it is unsuccessful, and you may not save it for later use. If you choose not to use the hit, you will revert to a Vanilla civ on day 7. You win with the ACC.

Toogs - You are NC State University, representing the ACC. In this game, you are the Backup Cop. If the actual Cop is killed, you will gain the ability to investigate players. At that point, you may submit one player to be investigated each night. You will be told if that player is “ACC” or “not ACC”. There may be factors in play which prevent your power from working. You win with the ACC.

Gouda - You are the University of Notre Dame representing the ACC. In this game you are a Vanilla Civ, and you win with the ACC.

Tejas - You are Louisville, representing the ACC. In this game you are a Vanilla Civ, and you win with the ACC.

PH - You are the University of North Carolina, representing the ACC. In this game you are a Vanilla Civ, and you win with the ACC.

GAT - You are Virginia Tech, representing the ACC. In this game you are a Vanilla Civ, and you win with the ACC.

JTP - You are Florida State University, representing the ACC. In this game you are the Cop. You may submit one player to be investigated each night. You will be told if that player is “ACC” or “not ACC”. There may be factors in play which prevent your power from working. You win with the ACC.

Nonny - You are Clemson University, representing the ACC. In this game you are a Bodyguard. You may choose a player to protect each night. If that player is targeted by a night kill, you will die in their stead. Your target will be unharmed and the player initiating the hit will also remain unharmed. You may not protect the same player on consecutive nights, and you do not have to use your protection. There may be factors in play which prevent your power from working. You win with the ACC.

Numbers - You are Boston College, representing the ACC. In this game you are a Vanilla Civ, and you win with the ACC.

JMan - You are the University of Pittsburgh, representing the ACC. In this game you are a Vanilla Civ, and you win with the ACC.

Last edited:
Final vote count Day 1:

timdunk (6) - mako, Da, Deacsfan27, Tejas, Eagles, Gouda
PH (5) - Rommy, Nonny, Jman, GAT, Townie
Nonny (4) - ryala, PH, JTP, DV7
BYM (2) - timdunk, sd3
Rommy (1) - Numbers
gouda (1) - manning
townie (1) - GM
GoalieMom (1) - BYM
Ryala (1) - toogs

Final vote count Day 2:

Tejas (5) - JTP, Gouda, BYM, GAT, Eagles
Ph (4) - Jman, mako, Numbers, Townie,
Nonny (3) - DV7, GM, PH
Gouda (1) - Manning
Townie (1) - ryala
Ryala (1) - Toogs
BYM (1)- sd3
Eagles (1) - Deacsfan27, Tejas

YTV: Nonny

Final Vote Count Day 3. Majority at 8

PH (8) - JMan, Townie, Nonny, mako, JTP, sd3, ryala, gat
Townie (1) - Numbers
Nonny (1) - DV7

Final Vote Count for Day 4:

GM (6) - JTP, JMan, Mako, Numbers, Nonny, BYM
Nonny (4) - Deacsfan27, Manning, ryala, Townie
BYM (2) - DV7, GM
Townie (1) - SD3

Final vote count for D5.

Nonny (5) - manning, mako, DV7, JMan, SD3
DV7 (5) - Nonny, Deacsfan27, BYM, Townie, Numbers
SD3 (1) - Ryala
Final vote count for Day 6

JMan (5) - Townie, Ryala, Deacsfan27, BYM, manning
Ryala (3) - JMan, mako, SD3

Last edited:
Eagles - University of Michigan - Mafia 1 Vig Hitter

GoalieMom - Indiana University - Mafia 1 Goon

SD3 - Ohio State University - Mafia 1 RB

DV7 - Texas - Mafia 2 Vig Hitter

Last edited:
Roles are out, game is on. First deadline is Tuesday morning at 11:30AM.

Ok so I guess my reasoning for majoring ph was unconvincing

My banter topic is that I bought smiledirectclub just now, because I am vain and want prettier teeth. Staying at home feels like a decent excuse to actually use the things.

They’re all good votes. Ph, parlay, and dv7 are all -EV civs who shit cloud instead of letting knight cook.

Well knight isn't playing and has been -EV as a civ so far this reboot (with glimpses of what he can be sprinkled in).

Seriously though guys, we can majo eagles before he checks this thread if everyone has the backbone to do it.

What sucks about the way PH plays this game is when he's a civ, he rarely pays the game any attention and doesn't try to add value. Often will just be completely absent. When he's mafia, as you said, he'll purposefully avoid the thread as to not give a read.

He gets to end-game b/c he'll never get night hit and isn't discussed as a lynch candidate b/c no one has anything to go on. He eventually has to be voted out as a waste of a lynch or risk him winning by just not posting.

I think my current day 1 policy lynch candidates are:

1) Parlay
2) JTP - played solid game last week; I'm hopeful going forward for him
3) Knight - may be the broken foot or just not being around as much but when he was here last game, added value and wasn't just controlling the thread.

Given Parlay and Knight ain't playing and I'm giving JTP credit for last game - I'd good with a Monday night PH majo. At least force him to come and play.

***Ph***

Finishing up The Last Dance tonight

Really good

MJ is so fascinating

Back