• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Better Call Saul, The Mafia Game. Indies Win! Gooner, GAT and Duff

He thinks i "know too much" about how IDs work. In reality i just read the Da death post and started to put the puzzle together.

1) you have a cop "cleared civ" who has lived all game

2) the amount in Da's safe means that multiple IDs were bought

3) you have two points in time where deaths have been avoided after the only protection we know about was dead and both were maf2 kill nights. So only maf2 was trying to kill whoever it was that was being targeted.

4) the Fring mafia is mafia 1 (odd night kills) and has a GF (confirmed in JTPs death post)

5) the Fring mafia never missed on a kill

Boston - lost in the end of day was you saying we still had an indy left before Duff flipped. Post #2473

I asked about it but it was going right into night. Curious why you thought we had more than one Indy?

I tend to believe your vig was civ but think we need an explanation here.

since duff came out as Kim my thought was that jimmy was the Indy searching for Kim. The angel and cop both had been killed and we knew the two mafias were Salamanca and Fring so itd make sense in a game about Saul that he was the Indy.

Ph was able to search for the Indy once a day, I have not played nearly enough to know if a cops investigation would nab the Indy but since Ph had an Indy specific role it made sense to me that only he could find him/her out. Since Townie's investigation showed not citizen aligned on Duff I figured that since Duff was a citizen at one point that he would show up as not citizen aligned even though he wasn't the original indy, also since part of her role is redacted there must be something about Saul in there. seeing as how we have had no mention of him all game and itd be odd for him to be Fring/Salamanca, I think theres another indy.

that could be way off and Kim was the only Indy but I think Jimmy/Saul is still out there as an Indy

We've got an overnight and its no majo. Its probably LYLO though and im looking for reasons to not vote for Numbers. Im not finding any though.

He made a snarky post at the end of the last day after Townie nailed duff about how he's "guessing there's some serious regrets about not cleaning up townie from mafia/indy" which is not a great look.

I also went back through voting. There was only 1 meaningful M1 lynch. the dv7 lynch which ended on Page 26:

D7(7) - JTP, townie, boston, SD3, ryala, PH, gooner
Juice(3) - mako, numbers, rommy
jman(5) - doofus, juice, GAT, gouda, rw
D14(2) - jman, QT
QT(2) - toogs, rommy
Redwing - D14
SD3 - D7
Gooner - duff
tejas - da,
numbers - bym, eaglez
townie – tim

Numbers put an early vote on Juice - before Juice claimed and before Juice cleared him. I didn't see a Numbers post for the last hour or so of the round (last i see is #369). And at the point he made his last post the run on Dv7 hadn't started.

I don't think its particularly meaningful one way or the other tbh.

I see what you’re saying. Re-reading it though the JTP post that numbers responds to is JTP saying pretty clearly to not give a “clear civ” a gun after Numbers asks for one. Would he do that for someone he was breadcrumbing as clear?

Numbers
Gooner
Knight
Tim
GAT
Boston

There are four dead blue mafia, and I haven't seen where we were informed that the blue mafia is eliminated. That means that mafia had at least 5 players. Let's assume 1 is left alive, probably a Godfather, but that's moot now.

There are three dead red mafia. It stands to reason that they also have 5. One of them is a roleblocker, right? The blue mafia had odd nights, and the red mafia got the evens? I had trouble keeping the role blocks straight. Let's assume 2 are left alive, probably a goon and role blocker?

So, of the 6 players left, 3 are mafia and 1 is a cleared civ.

Numbers is clear. I know I'm a civ.

Of Boston, GAT, Tim, and Gooner 3/4 are mafia. Boston claimed a vig, so GAT, Tim and Gooner are all bad.

Game, unless Boston is lying.

I see what you’re saying. Re-reading it though the JTP post that numbers responds to is JTP saying pretty clearly to not give a “clear civ” a gun after Numbers asks for one. Would he do that for someone he was breadcrumbing as clear?

You gave it your best shot. I realize you had to call Numbers into question for you to have a chance.

Those summary posts were amazing for you to do as mafia. You played a hell of a game.

***GAT***

Boston, you should kill someone tonight. THat'll make the end game 3 instead of 4.

Boston, you should kill someone tonight. THat'll make the end game 3 instead of 4.

I'm totally good with you killing me. I'm going ot be a huge question mark. Mafia almost certainly kills Numbers tonight.

We should lynch GAT today. That'll leave Boston, Gooner, and Tim as an end game.

Which is awesome, because it gives us a 50/50 to win it with worst result as a tie. We tie up Gooner and Tim, if mafia isn't lynched, Boston simo hits and everyone ties the game.

Numbers
Gooner
Knight
Tim
GAT
Boston

There are four dead blue mafia, and I haven't seen where we were informed that the blue mafia is eliminated. That means that mafia had at least 5 players. Let's assume 1 is left alive, probably a Godfather, but that's moot now.

There are three dead red mafia. It stands to reason that they also have 5. One of them is a roleblocker, right? The blue mafia had odd nights, and the red mafia got the evens? I had trouble keeping the role blocks straight. Let's assume 2 are left alive, probably a goon and role blocker?

So, of the 6 players left, 3 are mafia and 1 is a cleared civ.

Numbers is clear. I know I'm a civ.

Of Boston, GAT, Tim, and Gooner 3/4 are mafia. Boston claimed a vig, so GAT, Tim and Gooner are all bad.

Game, unless Boston is lying.

I appreciate your bravado but I think you’re forgetting the Indy. Or are you the Indy?

Night 9 made up for the bloodless night:
First, Jtp = Werner Ziegler - civ was found riddled with bullets in the desert. A lone Pollo Hermanos cup lay on the ground next to him.

Jtp = Werner Ziegler (GF Hunter) - You are employed by a man that refuses direct communication with you. You know if you could just talk to him, he would let you have a weekend with your wife. Each night, you search for GF Gus Fring. You win with the town.

Then the police were called to Best Quality Vacuum where Da = Ed Galbraith (Civ) was found shot dead in his store. $3.5m was found in his safe.

Da = Ed Galbraith (Civ) - You are the owner of a Vacuum sales and service business. Unknown to most you also provide relocation services and new identities for those in need. If investigated, you will reveal as Civ because that is how you are perceived unless it is on a night where you provide protection. On those nights you will be revealed as a “modified shapeshifter”. When contacted for services, you will provide a new ID (cost $1m) which is good for that night. The person for whom the service is requested will appear as a regular civ with a new name and any actions intended for them will fail for that one night. If the same person requests the service again, you must inform them the fee has gone up and you are free to negotiate as big a fee as you see fit, However, there is a limited supply of money in the game. You win with the town or if you collect 10m in fees, you can request to exit the game and you will share in the victory regardless of final outcome.

Day 10 begins now. Deadline back to 5 pm

Da = Ed Galbraith (Civ) - You are the owner of a Vacuum sales and service business. Unknown to most you also provide relocation services and new identities for those in need. If investigated, you will reveal as Civ because that is how you are perceived unless it is on a night where you provide protection. On those nights you will be revealed as a “modified shapeshifter”. When contacted for services, you will provide a new ID (cost $1m) which is good for that night. The person for whom the service is requested will appear as a regular civ with a new name and any actions intended for them will fail for that one night. If the same person requests the service again, you must inform them the fee has gone up and you are free to negotiate as big a fee as you see fit, However, there is a limited supply of money in the game. You win with the town or if you collect 10m in fees, you can request to exit the game and you will share in the victory regardless of final outcome.

Is this not the Indy?

Duff - Kim Wexler (indy) was lynched by the town

Duff = Kim Wexler - You are attorney Kim Wexler. While you come off as bookish and quiet, you are in fact a competitive, extremely intelligent attorney with a devious streak. (Rest of role redacted)

GAT, this is the Indy. I was right. The Indy is dead.

In fact, the two posts I just pulled account for all of the game mechanics. They account for the Indy Searcher AND Da's mechanic accounts for the strange language in the ruleset that opens alternate win conditions.

Just to shine my own horn a little here - Mafia, this is why you don't leave motherfuckin' KNIGHT alive. I will fucking EAT you.

Is this not the Indy?

Pretty sure no even though its Da. There was only $3.5mm in his safe when he died (death flavor), he was found shot dead (death flavor), and he's specifically called a "civ" in the death role post. That would be a total dick move.

Read the Boston post at the start of the day about why he mentioned a second Indy. I tend to believe what he's saying. I don't think Townie can have found the Indy (Duff) given he was a cop and there was specifically an Indy Hunter. I think its more logical that Duff was anti-town because he was aligned with Saul who is still in game.

Just to shine my own horn a little here - Mafia, this is why you don't leave motherfuckin' KNIGHT alive. I will fucking EAT you.

tenor.gif

In fact, the two posts I just pulled account for all of the game mechanics. They account for the Indy Searcher AND Da's mechanic accounts for the strange language in the ruleset that opens alternate win conditions.

Agree with the alternate win condition part potentially but reading Da as anything but dead from that death post is ... something.

Back