• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Better Call Saul, The Mafia Game. Indies Win! Gooner, GAT and Duff

cant argue this. I didn’t do anything particularly well this game. Just had more info than most anyone else in a game about info. I just had to keep the car out of the ditch.

Question tho: if I vote gooner in that last round do you feel this way?

I'm gonna beg to differ. I thought you played as well or better than anyone. You were juggling a lot of balls <insert knight insensitive homosexual joke here> including looking very civ for almost the entire game. You played great.

I was in a game in the last month where Da was in my mafia only he wasn't. He was great. I had to tip my cap to him. Some people find that hard to do and that's ok. If they weren't competitive, these games would suck. Being humble is fine but don't sell yourself short. And when someone whines, don't pay their back and dry their tears, do a dickdance on them. It's more fun. 😀

Because it would have meant you won

Nope. You would have use your lynch immunity, survived the day round. I assume you would have vigged Tim as they hit you. As the lone remaining Fring, Mike automatically joined the Indy team and the Indy's still win.

@ Parlay - you obviously put a lot of thought into the game, don't want to come off sounding like too much of a twat about the traitor stuff. A lot of unique stuff that was pretty cool. And I had a great time in chatzy

No offense taken at all. Some people like their coffee black, some like it with cream and sugar.

I don't take offense at anyone criticizing a role. They don't have to like it. I wish I could have done a dry run of the game on a test audience and tweaked things and maybe shook the rust off my mod game (that shit might never come off). Next time a get a creative idea like this, I'm going to write it up and ship it to gooner and tell him to do with it as his pleases and that I'll be his lackey asst mod and do all the menial tasks that I can't fuck up.

Now, someone tell me about rommy and the gasket blowing? Did I cause it? Is he ok? Is he pissed at me? I didn't mean to squelch his poetry. I think he knows I'm a fan.

Can I ask about gouda’s bribing role? We were pretty unclear what that actually did throughout the game.

In reality, did it only affect rb’s/kills/invests or whatever that were targeted at Fring mafia members? We were hung up for a while because theoretically, the most beneficial action for Fring mafia would have been telling Juice that SD3 was maf. Also, how would it have affected Gat?

Yeah that's pretty much it. It's not a great power unless you hit the right person with it but let's face Lydia isn't that great in the show and Gouda kinda stinks too, so it's seemed to fit. :cool:

I can't remember waterfall, so I looked it up. Turns out there's a Coldplay / Swedish House Mafia mix of a song called Waterfall.

And, there's this.

https://247sports.com/college/maryland/Board/56/Contents/TBD-Mafia-Game-Tuesday-Start-28764760/

fearthenoodle
Posted on May 22nd, 2014, 1:25 PM, , User Since 202 months ago, User Post Count: 109,709

• May 22nd, 2014, 1:25 PM
  • 202 months

I will play if it is not themed. Need a standard game after these last 2, personally

LOL this was then immediately echoed by Toogs and Rommy. Time is a flat fucking circle.

I'm gonna beg to differ. I thought you played as well or better than anyone. You were juggling a lot of balls <insert knight insensitive homosexual joke here> including looking very civ for almost the entire game. You played great.

I was in a game in the last month where Da was in my mafia only he wasn't. He was great. I had to tip my cap to him. Some people find that hard to do and that's ok. If they weren't competitive, these games would suck. Being humble is fine but don't sell yourself short. And when someone whines, don't pay their back and dry their tears, do a dickdance on them. It's more fun. 😀

GAT definitely played the best game, I don't think he even got a vote until the second to last day. Amazing job of staying under the radar - he had the same benefit I had where he was not going to get night hit, but he played better here to get to end game.

i read all of postgame and still can’t tell who won. I know I lost tho. Gg parlay you crazy old bastard, now go pay attn to your wife

i read all of postgame and still can’t tell who won. I know I lost tho. Gg parlay you crazy old bastard, now go pay attn to your wife

First, glad you're around and ok. Kidding aside, we were all hoping you weren't too pissed/frustrated.

I think the final list of winners was Gooner (Indy), Duff (Indy-aligned), me (won with either Maf2 or Indy), and possibly Tejas depending on if his ID change changed his win condition.

With 3 left it was Tim (Maf2 GF), Me (Maf2 quasi-Traitor), Gooner (Indy). I had to choose who won. I chose Goon because Indys winning is more fun.

The last day with 2 Maf2, 1 Maf1 (Knight - who was silenced), and the Indy was the craziest day i've ever played in mafia.

First, glad you're around and ok. Kidding aside, we were all hoping you weren't too pissed/frustrated.

I think the final list of winners was Gooner (Indy), Duff (Indy-aligned), me (won with either Maf2 or Indy), and possibly Tejas depending on if his ID change changed his win condition.

With 3 left it was Tim (Maf2 GF), Me (Maf2 quasi-Traitor), Gooner (Indy). I had to choose who won. I chose Goon because Indys winning is more fun.

The last day with 2 Maf2, 1 Maf1 (Knight - who was silenced), and the Indy was the craziest day i've ever played in mafia.

We were M2 and the true winners.

I'm pretty sure Parlay revisited my win conditions and suggested $3.5 million was enough to be considered a co-winner with any winning faction. Therefore, I will take my UCF National Title lap.

To be fair, we only thought Boston over Knight for Hector because of Knight’s dumbtelling.

i, sir, will take that bait! Knight seemed utterly clueless at that point and Boston couldn’t stop sounding like maf. Also I knew Goon was hitting Knight. I would likely still have pushed for Boston but that made it a clear cut choice.

i called him as Toogs teammate a day or two before in M1 chat when he was painfully obviously trying to bus Toogs.

Every dumb tell I made this game was 100% intentional. The mafia mix up, the frustration. I would make a post, then go back and insert dumb tells. I am hella proud of mixing up the mafias.

I legit felt bad for Jman. Dude got railroaded by both mafs. Me and knight both all over him.

I loved playing with you, because we knew you were bad, but you and I were so civvy. We were driving the game like crazy, both knowing that each other was bad.

The day Numbers was lynched, I didn't think I had the street cred to lynch you. I tried - for real. I knew you had 1 teammate (I had no way to know that you actually had a majority of votes in both Tim and Gooner), so I had to make it so that I had at least 3 votes to get you off the island.

The timing of your reveal of the banker bullshit made it so that I didn't have time to pick that apart, so I just went with it. At that point, I knew that the only way that I could win is if (1) you didn't hit me that night, and (2) I wasn't lynched hte following day. HUGE impact from your fake reveal, so very well done. I think that sealed the game for you.

i nailed bym in my 2nd post of the game, got that bastard down to a science. full disclosure i thought boston and nonny were mafia as well so im only 33% for this game

this is a perfect distillation of the "reads and tones" crowd

crow about the one they got right when they call out about half the players in the game at some point

Back