• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Better Call Saul, The Mafia Game. Indies Win! Gooner, GAT and Duff

I have zero clue what manning apparently did to enrage everyone in the entire mafia universe last game(s). But it was pretty apparent he wasn't being killed because of anything he did this game. He didn't do anything to me that looked clearly bad. He looked like manning. Which pretty much (no offense manning) often looks bad/defensive/half-insane most of the time. And people were insistent on killing him. That isn't super helpful really. And when he is a civ in the end game he does his job most often anymore. Or has when I have seen him there. Enough that it would at least, in my mind, have been beneficial to at least have tried to kill mafia day one and not just blindly lynch him because it was him.

He won a game as mafia with fewer posts than the mod. This was less a policy and more I thought he was mafia for squirming. For me, at least.

I defended the policy lynch that I said I was gonna make at the end of last week. Yep sounds about right to me.

Juice’s post about people needing to switch to someone other than manning would be much worse in a one mafia game than two but it reeked to me.

I was only pushing for some day 1 action (tie) to create some information

people are all about reads and tones day 1, but they're wrong more than they're right

manning got taken out with tiebreaks required and we're none the wiser day 2 and two civs down

I have zero clue what manning apparently did to enrage everyone in the entire mafia universe last game(s). But it was pretty apparent he wasn't being killed because of anything he did this game. He didn't do anything to me that looked clearly bad. He looked like manning. Which pretty much (no offense manning) often looks bad/defensive/half-insane most of the time. And people were insistent on killing him. That isn't super helpful really. And when he is a civ in the end game he does his job most often anymore. Or has when I have seen him there. Enough that it would at least, in my mind, have been beneficial to at least have tried to kill mafia day one and not just blindly lynch him because it was him.

That's correct it was a policy lynch for last game (and really the culmination of his career). There was no way shy of someone saying they were mafia that he wasn't getting lynched.

Join me on townie

As someone who was mafia with Townie last game, this ain't mafia Townie.

I'd start to do some examinations of the Doofi pretty soon, though.

As mafia manning had 33 total posts through six days in the last game and I believe only 8 of those 33 were substantive contributions beyond banter or a vote with nothing else in the post.

So as a counter, you could say his volume of posts in this day would have tipped the scales to being civ? People were killing him based on the last game that he skated, well that wasnt the case here today.

As someone who was mafia with Townie last game, this ain't mafia Townie.

I'd start to do some examinations of the Doofi pretty soon, though.

This is an interesting post. That I am NOTING

I was only pushing for some day 1 action (tie) to create some information

people are all about reads and tones day 1, but they're wrong more than they're right

manning got taken out with tiebreaks required and we're none the wiser day 2 and two civs down

But you didn't really suggest who you wanted to push up with manning, which is I think what makes it weird. But since manning was not maf, its not like you were trying to save him as a maf teammate so idk

But you didn't really suggest who you wanted to push up with manning, which is I think what makes it weird. But since manning was not maf, its not like you were trying to save him as a maf teammate so idk

I was just hunting for information -- I didn't care who got pushed

Back