• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Better Call Saul, The Mafia Game. Indies Win! Gooner, GAT and Duff

I generally like afghan food, there is a kabob house near me that delivers - most of their stuff is good. I am not sure I have ever had great afghan food though.

I am glad you're on the same page as me and that question was basically targeted at you. I enjoy it most of the time, but I'm never blown away. It's super trendy in some places now, and I'm cool with it, but somehow it feels like it's slightly overrated now?

***manning***

I had afghan food in DC, it was pretty good.

I have BB as my top TV show of all time, but BCS was meh at best. Don't think I made it through season 2. Pretty damn boring

Mrs. Gooner is half Lebanese and her mother and grandmother made a bunch of traditional Leb dishes for our little ceremony last week and it was some of the best food I’ve ever had

there's an afghan place not too far from me, but i've never been

the bodega on the corner of my street has some dank west indies food, and the people who own it and work there are the nicest people

it's the only store i've been in since mid-march

I've never had Afghan food but now I kinda want to.

Is it more Middle Eastern in flavor profile or more South Asian (Indian/Pakistani)?

Mrs. Gooner is half Lebanese and her mother and grandmother made a bunch of traditional Leb dishes for our little ceremony last week and it was some of the best food I’ve ever had

There is a lebanese place in NYC that I used to go to a lot called Ilili or something like that, was a block from my old office. Great food. They also owned a winery out in Long Island that had surprisingly decent wines.

Also, worth noting that it's super nice to come onto this thread and not have 250 posts to read through to get caught up.

we have a lebanese friend who was over at our house and she saw we had this ottolenghi cookbook and she went on a 30 minute rant about how problematic it was, erasure of arab culture, etc.

i was like i am not woke enough for this conversation, i just like veggie recipes

started a call this morning with british colleagues and they were all "wondered if you were still alive, isn't DC a warzone right now?"

idk how to even make fun smalltalk/banter out of that

***Manning***

Going back to bed. #COVID19

On another note, had Afghan food last night. What say you the pit, Afghan food, overrated or underrated?

Afghan food is excellent. It’s my go to big city food. When I was in Manhattan last year and just needed a place to go with a friend, we went to one that was a few blocks away and it was great.

The first time I had Afghan food was at a place called Helmand in Cambridge.

https://www.helmandrestaurant.com/

That was back when the Afghan War was the biggest news story and there was always talk about fighting in the Helmand province. Eating there was a good reminder that there are people and culture there. It’s not just a location for fighting.

I had afghan food in DC, it was pretty good.

I have BB as my top TV show of all time, but BCS was meh at best. Don't think I made it through season 2. Pretty damn boring

Consider giving it another shot. Probably depends on what you liked about BB. You can argue that they’ve improved their storytelling craft between BB and BCS. But often less “happens” in an average episode of BCS compared to BB.

vote count as of post #58
Manning(6) - nonny, da, numbers, doofus, gooner, jtp
nonny(2) - gat, manning
tim(2) - ryala, mako
boston - jman
jman - ph
ryala - bym
redwing - duff
D7 - townie
bym - D14
doofus - redwing
toogs - SD3