• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Better Call Saul, The Mafia Game. Indies Win! Gooner, GAT and Duff

giphy.gif

It should be noted that GAT's play in the last three rounds was pitch-perfect ignorant play. GAT had enough falsified ignorance in his posts to appear civ, and enough earnestness to appear civ. Our mafia chat absolutely had: "GAT is either the dumbest civ on the planet and is way less good than we thought he is, or mafia."

It was beautiful to watch, and great play all around.

I see your overall points Knight. I personally am not willing to incorporate big picture worries like that into a single game, with the effect of potentially screwing up that single game.

Instead, my response is probably that I would prefer that the focus be on asking players that frequently dumbtell to take the extra 30 seconds or whatever to check what they are posting about to ensure that a dumbtell doesn't happen. Will that 100% eliminate it? Of course not. But I tend to believe that we are all reasonable and intelligent people capable of eliminating a large percentage of the dumbtells that happen with a bit of extra caution, and from there we can deal with the remainder that are bound to happen.

Also, if this is a rehashed discussion that has happened numerous times in this community over the years, feel free to tell me to stop with it. I just have never really expressed my thoughts on it.

This is a good post, but you fundamentally misunderstand what a dumbtell is. A civ makes a dumbtell because they lack knowledge. The dumbtell is just that, it's a player "telling" their alignment by doing something that demonstrates ignorance ("dumb") that mafia wouldn't do.

I'm telling you that civs can't help but do it. It's like missing a deadline - no one intentionally does it. Shit happens. Things come up.

Civs won't (shouldn't) intentionally dumbtell, just as civs won't ever (shouldn't JMAN!) intentionally lie.

Also I disagree with the idea that true dumbtells can't be limited as a civ. There are certain posters that I don't recall doing anything that even resembled a dumbtell, even when they are vanilla civs. Eagles, Gooner, Gouda, etc. I don't think I have ever been accused of a dumbtell, and I've only been playing a couple months.

Maybe it's because those posters read every/nearly every word in the thread, and other posters don't put in that effort. Or maybe it's just that those posters actually check and make sure that what they are posting isn't a dumbtell before they post it.

It should be noted that GAT's play in the last three rounds was pitch-perfect ignorant play. GAT had enough falsified ignorance in his posts to appear civ, and enough earnestness to appear civ. Our mafia chat absolutely had: "GAT is either the dumbest civ on the planet and is way less good than we thought he is, or mafia."

It was beautiful to watch, and great play all around.

some from column a, some from column b.

writing those long posts was hard as shit knowing as many people’s alignment as I did and wanting to protect enough people to get to my win conditions but get some cred reads/kills along the way.

Being an important enough vote on bym in the Rommy round gave me part of that. Then I had to decide who to bus on our maf (sorry d14).

Maybe like my game writing, I show be clearer in my posts. Most of the time I visited their chat, it was only toogs and bym. Early, bym was solo and late toogs was occasionally solo. Those 2 were doing the heavy lifting

Maybe like my game writing, I show be clearer in my posts. Most of the time I visited their chat, it was only toogs and bym. Early, bym was solo and late toogs was occasionally solo. Those 2 were doing the heavy lifting

lol I was just messing. Just like technically Duff/GAT/me were 33.33 (repeating of course) per cent of a team, GAT was like 75% himself, Duff was 24.99% and I was 0.01%.

I was absent for huge stretches of the game.

Is it really "Indies win" when there are 3 of them, plus at least 2 other characters working for them, and a whole mafia squad doing their bidding? More like 3 get credit for what 1/3 of the players in the game did. Like what exactly does "independent" mean to you?

Last edited:
Is it really "Indies win" when there are 3 of them, plus at least 2 other characters working for them, and a whole mafia squad doing their bidding? More like 3 get credit for what 1/3 of the players in the game did. Like what exactly does "independent" mean to you?

So much butthurt. ALL THE FUCKING BUTTHURT.

You made choices. Live with your choices.

I thought he died if he didn't comply with your orders

:tear::tear::tear:

Your salt has staying power. Impressive.

I thought he died if he didn't comply with your orders

If I had known he would whine like my emotionally retarded 10-year old son I would have orchestrated his death. I expected more, frankly.

I completely agree with toogs. Indy was really a secret super powered mafia with recruitment ability. Hard to get farther from an independent

Back