• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wes Unseld has died

I remember hearing someone say Wes would always have that Fro, because he didn't people to know he was actually 6'5. :)

Wes Unseld visited my elementary school when I was in the first grade. I only remember being lined up on the silver line like good first graders, and this giant man walked down the hall alongside of us. Every step he would put his hand on a kids head, he got to me, I looked up and this hand completely covered my face. I thought then, and still now in my memories, that I had seen the biggest human being ever.

edit for spelling

He came to,duke basketball camp when I was there. In the gym they put a Black tape X on the concrete wall behind one basket. Then someone would shot he would rebound and sling it all the way across the court and hit the X. Unreal strength. Would make Kareem crazy not letting him go where he wanted. Great player, intelligent guy with something to say, RIP

Back