• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Financial Advice

DemonDEKEn

Reaction score
Are CDs worth investing in, right now? Or should I wait until the economy returns to some state of normalcy. The best APR that I can find, for how much I want to invest, is 1.6%. Thanks, in advance, for any advice or suggestions.

definitely - just make sure it's got one of these stickers

B4SEOjMCUAEqWhV.jpg

At the very least you should Park the money in an online savings account make 1.2 1.3%.

Assuming that you have no high-interest debt and 3-6 months typical expense cash available (money market or similar) for unexpected needs, and are funding retirement accounts as much as possible...

Main question is when do you anticipate wanting to spend the money you’re investing. Anytime in the next few years, just add it to your interest-bearing cash reserve account. 5+ years, probably go with diverse stock fund of some sort.

I haven’t looked in a little while, but I doubt CDs are paying enough to make them worth the relative loss of liquidity compared to a good money market account. None of these are paying much interest.

At the very least you should Park the money in an online savings account make 1.2 1.3%.

This. Or just do some USO options as Knight would say. Then again, I've been short Zoom for the past month.

Back