• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Activism in Sports (or Official Knots Thread)

They might be one of those ultra rich industrialists one day. They know they will never be a professional athlete.

Yes, and watching black athletes move ahead of them on the social and economic ladder is way worse in their eyes than watching mostly white rich industrialists do it.

In a weird and stupid way it's actually heartening to see all the conservatives bitching at pro athletes for opting out of the season because "we still have to work for low wages to support our families when we might get COVID".

They are soo close to a breakthrough. If only they would turn their ire on the real enemy

the "accidental leftist" twitter account is great

the "accidental leftist" twitter account is great

As is Conservatives approaching the point on Facebook.

I think those people were fine with athletes paid good money to shut up and dribble as long as their owners kept them in check. I think they’re even fine with feel good charities in low income neighborhoods. They’re definitely not fine with athletes being their own business, their own brand. They’re not fine with their business interests expanding beyond the sport, restaurants, car dealerships, and the like. And they really don’t like athletes getting politically involved.

In a weird and stupid way it's actually heartening to see all the conservatives bitching at pro athletes for opting out of the season because "we still have to work for low wages to support our families when we might get COVID".

They are soo close to a breakthrough. If only they would turn their ire on the real enemy

Pretty much all the conservatives I hear making noise are dismissing the virus. They don’t need to wear a mask and we need to open up the economy. The danger of working during Covid-19 is not really a concern I’m hearing from conservatives.

Back