• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Zion's agent says he should have been permanently ineligible at Duke

They are likely too incompetent to ever prove the case, plus I really don’t think they want to tarnish Duke or K. They are a cash cow for the NCAA. Let’s hope Gina Ford’s legal team does the NCAA’s job for it and finds the proof. If they do I guess the NCAA would have to act, although I’m still not sure they would.

Want to believe the NCAA would act on this, but have zero faith that the NCAA would ever impose any substantive sanction on Duke's basketball program.

There could be video evidence of Jon Scheyer (making his stupid Scheyer face) handing an envelope overflowing with cash to Zion, and somehow the NCAA would find a reason to ignore it.

ept_sports_ncaab_experts-418231096-1250101864.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing will happen. Duke basketball has become a wholly-owned franchise of the ESPN broadcasting network and Disney.

The NCAA is not about to take on Disney's $$$$. Honestly, I'm not even sure the NCAA's role at this point. I know the P5 commissioners have made it crystal clear they're in charge with the COVID reopening process.

They are likely too incompetent to ever prove the case, plus I really don’t think they want to tarnish Duke or K. They are a cash cow for the NCAA. Let’s hope Gina Ford’s legal team does the NCAA’s job for it and finds the proof. If they do I guess the NCAA would have to act, although I’m still not sure they would.

The NCAA did act against OK State once the FBI delivered the whole investigation gift wrapped and on a silver platter. But that was OK State.

Nobody cares, nothing will happen. Hopefully Forbes understands this and will start cheating as well.

Any Greensboro lawyers interested in doing a little pro bono work on behalf of coach k keeping his Zion fueled wins?

So the blue bloods have a competitive advantage by being able to pay under the table when others cannot...because "rules," "student athletes," and precious precious amateurism. Wouldn't it be better to take this under the table money over the table, and level the playing field?

There is nothing preventing anyone else paying under the table either. Nothing of substance happens to anyone who breaks NCAA rules. The dividing line is just between pussies and non-pussies.

But the lack of material punishment is not different, it is just the fear. Hence pussies vs non-pussies.

Oklahoma State is the most recent.

Cleveland State is the most famous.

Cleveland State was 30+ years ago. SMU was 30+ years ago. Ok State got a 1 year postseason ban. Whoopdeedamndo, we've had a self-imposed 10-year postseason ban. Cheat away.

Maybe they let the parents of some non athletes live in nice houses too?

Pretty sure all the other Duke players parents and most of the Dookie Frat parents live in nice houses too. so there is that.
maybe the home was in Chapel Hill so it doesn't count as a benefit?
go with the Tarhole defense.
I wonder if K's back is starting to act up again?

Back