• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 Republican National Convention Thread

This whole thing is 90 percent fantasy.

And that’s a charitable characterization.

If it’s Trump and it’s charitable, that means it’s illegal.

Non MAGAts don’t want to see reruns. Trump’s schtick is getting tired.

Indeed. Welcome to Trump's GOP. Policies and ideology don't matter, longtime conservative beliefs like balanced budgets and gun rights and abortion and traditional family values don't matter, even facts and data and reality itself doesn't matter. All that matters is owning (trolling) the libs, winning elections and staying in power by any means necessary, grifting like mad once you're in office, blatantly denying whatever you're obviously doing, lying about anything and everything, smearing and attacking anyone who dares to criticize or disagree with you, and creating as many alternative facts as are necessary to keep your base happy and in denial. It's Alice in Wonderland time, courtesy of Donald J. Trump, his family, his minions, and his cult of personality voters.

Non MAGAts don’t want to see reruns. Trump’s schtick is getting tired.

His schtick is like a reality-tv show that's getting tired, predictable, and even boring to some extent, and the ratings are falling. With any luck, maybe the viewers will cancel his show in November.

Other then the Tunnels posters watching and providing a play-by-play

Why not? It's like watching a car wreck as it happens. Besides, I had some Republican friends keep posting and joking about the DNC's lower ratings all last week, it only seems fitting to point out that the RNC's ratings have been even worse.

Why not? It's like watching a car wreck as it happens. Besides, I had some Republican friends keep posting and joking about the DNC's lower ratings all last week, it only seems fitting to point out that the RNC's ratings have been even worse.

Where are these Republican friends? If they don't post here, how are you trolling them?

Where are these Republican friends? If they don't post here, how are you trolling them?

What are you talking about? I'm not the one who's been posting about the RNC having lower ratings. All I'm saying is that if Republicans can brag on social media about the DNC having lower ratings last week, it's only fitting that posters here can discuss the RNC having even lower ratings, the usual snark from Angus notwithstanding.

Again, I'm the one saying no one's watching because of the shitshow this is and voting Biden. But this is a closed loop Democratic house, so if you get grief from Republicans, I'm the closest thing here half the time.

Again, I'm the one saying no one's watching because of the shitshow this is and voting Biden. But this is a closed loop Democratic house, so if you get grief from Republicans, I'm the closest thing here half the time.

Well, my post was aimed at Angus, not you, which I would think is pretty clear. The Republicans I was referring to aren't on here, and I'm not trolling anybody - that's what Angus does 99% of the time on here, hence my initial post.

Yep, it’s obvious Highland is just making up that stuff he claims he’s hearing from Republicans.

His schtick is like a reality-tv show that's getting tired, predictable, and even boring to some extent, and the ratings are falling. With any luck, maybe the viewers will cancel his show in November.

I keep wondering when someone is going to start talking about "Trump fatigue". Personality aside, I think this also played into HRC's loss too, as people were tired of the Clintons.

Can one of the play-by-play analysts confirm the Covington kid (aka the highest paid employee at CNN and the Wash Post) gave his speech in front of the Lincoln Memorial???

Please tell me this isn't true.

I keep wondering when someone is going to start talking about "Trump fatigue". Personality aside, I think this also played into HRC's loss too, as people were tired of the Clintons.

I've had Trump Fatigue for a few years now.

I've also got riot/vandalism/looting fatigue now, and I suspect many people are starting to feel the same way.

No Biden fatigue yet.

riot/vandalism/looting fatigue could somehow be prevented, wonder what could be done

What riot/vandalism/looting are you talking about???

All I've seen on the news are peaceful protests from mask wearing anti-fascist patriots still upset over George Floyd.

Back