• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 Republican National Convention Thread

What riot/vandalism/looting are you talking about???

All I've seen on the news are peaceful protests from mask wearing anti-fascist patriots still upset over George Floyd.

source.gif

I've had Trump Fatigue for a few years now.

I've also got riot/vandalism/looting fatigue now, and I suspect many people are starting to feel the same way.

No Biden fatigue yet.

Tell me about it, I've got "cops killing black people fatigue."

Surely you remember the smirking white kid from Covington Catholic wearing the MAGA hat at the pro-life rally who approached and mocked the native american elder veteran.

anyone wearing a MAGA hat deserves to be shit on. anyone at a pro-life rally deserves to be shit on. perfect combo.

Perfect combo, indeed.

I'm sure CNN and the Washington Post agree with your sentiment.

riot/vandalism/looting fatigue could somehow be prevented, wonder what could be done

If only there were more than 1 solution.

The following two things are not mutually exclusive: supporting BLM and thinking the riots, etc are counter productive to the protests and the cause.

Surely you remember the smirking white kid from Covington Catholic wearing the MAGA hat at the pro-life rally who approached and mocked the native american elder veteran.

Yeah, I remember him, that little smug fuck is a piece of human shit. He seems to have a lot in common with you.

Hey Brad, how much did the Covington kid get from the WaPo and CNN?

More than you would believe.

A lot more than he deserved unfortunately.

WP and CNN caved, rather than face a KY jury.

Makes me want to barf.

Close to where 7 figures become 8 figures.

Ridiculous.

I watched that Covington kid's 4.5 minute speech. Not bad actually, though he probably should have brushed is hair. Two or three complete bullshit moments, like saying his future was ruined or calling Phillips a professional protester (what the hell does that mean), but over all, that kid looked like a victim. His speech helped advance the Trump narrative that the media is out to get Trump and his campaign. That kid definitely has a future in GOP politics.

No doubt. But what is cancel culture if someone can go from a random kid to possibly a millionaire with a 4 1/2 minute speaking slot at the RNC? That's the opposite of being cancelled.

No doubt. But what is cancel culture if someone can go from a random kid to possibly a millionaire with a 4 1/2 minute speaking slot at the RNC? That's the opposite of being cancelled.

Yeah sure, that was the most egregious bullshit moment of the whole speech. I should have listed that one.

Back