• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 Republican National Convention Thread

The Epic Shamelessness of the Republican Convention

...Me, me, me, me. And the speakers at this convention dare to praise [Trump’s] outward focus, generosity of spirit, compassion and tenderness? They are standing — no, grandstanding — at the confluence of audacity and absurdity.

And they are scaring me, because they are demonstrating Trump’s most formidable advantage over Joe Biden, which isn’t incumbency. It’s shamelessness...

Yep. Women's suffrage was very motivated the desire to double up white men's votes to counter Black men. Makes sense that it was tied into the temperance movement as well. Conservatives love to back political losers. It really wasn't until the Voting Rights Act that women of color actually got the right to vote.

this country's education system has failed me. And I'm an army brat that moved every two years till I was 15. I've seen a few schools.

I'm 45 years old and was never taught about the Tulsa massacre. I was neither taught nor thought about the truth of 19.

Will McEnany ever wake up and regret her allegiance to Trump?

Is she awesome or what! What a speaker and press secretary. Doing an excellent job keeping the crappy liberal fake media in line just by giving them homework to do on all their own omissions they miss from doing their own job correctly.

You mean like in 2012 when about 6 of Obama's cabinet spoke at the Democratic national Convention?

LOL. When they spoke at the DNC in CHARLOTTE not at the White House?

Is she awesome or what! What a speaker and press secretary. Doing an excellent job keeping the crappy liberal fake media in line just by giving them homework to do on all their own omissions they miss from doing their own job correctly.

Yes, I didn't realize that she was so funny. That joke she told about Trump protecting people with pre-existing conditions was hilarious.

5 Section 7324(b)(1) addresses this. "An employee described in paragraph (2) of this subsection may engage in political activity otherwise prohibited by subsection (a) if the costs associated with that political activity are not paid for by money derived from the Treasury of the United States."

That's the key. I'm pretty sure DNC funds or DNCC funds were used in 2012. I'd hope the RNCC or RNC reimbursed any costs associated with tonight, last night and tomorrow. But, I can't say that for certain.

5 Section 7324(b)(1) addresses this. "An employee described in paragraph (2) of this subsection may engage in political activity otherwise prohibited by subsection (a) if the costs associated with that political activity are not paid for by money derived from the Treasury of the United States."

That's the key. I'm pretty sure DNC funds or DNCC funds were used in 2012. I'd hope the RNCC or RNC reimbursed any costs associated with tonight, last night and tomorrow. But, I can't say that for certain.

It is not likely since the last I heard several cities are still waiting to be paid for extra security and other services from previous Trump rallies. Seem to be a trend.

It's also not likely because I suspect one reason why they are using the White House is that they burned through so much cash on the Jacksonville boondoggle. They're trying to do this on the cheap.

trump doesn't pay his bills. trump charges the secret service to exclusively stay at his properties. trump jacks up costs at his properties for govt officials of this country and others to stay at his properties. He is a con man. A grifter.

I've hated Holtz for a long long time now. Now he's solidified going onto my hate Mt. Rushmore.

When he talked about how trustworthy Trump was I was done. I've never understood why people found Holtz endearing anyway.

WP editorial: Republicans are lying about Biden and hoping voters are ignorant enough to believe them

TRAILING IN the polls, and with no tangible agenda for a second term, President Trump is doing his best to tear down Democratic nominee Joe Biden. That’s hardly an unprecedented strategy, and some of the policy-based arguments being advanced by speakers at the Republican National Convention this week fall within the normal bounds of campaign debate, even if some of the hyperbole is beyond those bounds. Mr. Biden, it’s said, will be controlled by the Democratic left; he will raise taxes; he will be too soft on China.
There is another strand of the attacks, however, that is as depraved as it is scurrilous. The Trump campaign is attempting to portray Mr. Biden and his family as neck-deep in corruption, based on allegations that have repeatedly been demonstrated to be false. In effect, the Republicans accuse the former vice president of secretly doing what Mr. Trump has accomplished overtly during the past three years — using his office to enrich himself and his family...

... The Republican case against Mr. Biden assumes both ignorance and gross credulity by voters. Let’s hope this cynical and insulting estimation of the American electorate turns out to be wrong.

Yep

That’s an old dig at Biden for his pro-choice stance.

They did the same thing to Kerry. Some catholic priest refused to give him communion at mass because he was pro-choice in a big political stunt. Meanwhile the Catholic church had a decades long (centuries long?) effort to cover-up child sexual abuse. Also, aon't forget that the Catholic Church were complicit in the rise of Fascism and Nazism in Europe in the 1930's; a former pope was in some sort of Nazi youth organization. Fuck the catholic church, I don't really know why anyone would want to be affiliated with them.

Reff, when did the republican platform become just make a bunch of shit up? they don't live in reality...

i truly feel bad for you and others that listen and believe what they say. i keep thinking nurse ratched will come in and take trump off the stage.

i am not sure what happened in your life that you must bow down to such a guy that deserves zero respect.

maybe a reflection on yourself.

Back