• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 Republican National Convention Thread

Some details on the RNC. It definitely sounds like a shitshow. Most speeches live from federal property in violation of the Hatch Act. Trump speaking live in prime time every night. Producers with little TV experience. A “Democrats for Trump” segment with surprise speakers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/22/us/politics/republican-convention-preview.html

Oh, I can't wait for the "Democrats for Trump" speaking segments. Seeing who they trot out should be quite interesting.

Oh, I can't wait for the "Democrats for Trump" speaking segments. Seeing who they trot out should be quite interesting.

I expect Rob Blagojevich to be one.

trump is speaking every night? Haha. Over under on the number of times he officially contradicts himself?

I can’t imagine what his people are thinking. You need him to give one speech where he stays on the teleprompter and doesn’t take a dump on stage.

Now you need him to do that for four consecutive nights?

I guess on another hand you’re diluting any particular gaffe.

Better over/under may be out of 4 speeches how many will be rambling (and still identical) and how many will he stick to the teleprompter? I'm thinking night one he sticks to the script and gets a ton of credit for not becoming a rambling, lying, unhinged insane person. That "credit" gets him all all hot and bothered and he comes out swinging night two. Nights three and four he keeps trying to make up for it and prove himself and it just gets crazier.

I can’t imagine what his people are thinking. You need him to give one speech where he stays on the teleprompter and doesn’t take a dump on stage.

Now you need him to do that for four consecutive nights?

I guess on another hand you’re diluting any particular gaffe.

You say this like Trump hasn’t based his entire political career off of rambling gaffe filled speeches based on total bullshit. What the fuck even is a gaffe anymore?

He can only get family and sycophants to speak on his behalf. Congratulations gop. You've earned it.

List of speakers, with President Trump speaking every night:

Monday:
Senator Tim Scott
House Republican Whip Steve Scalise
Representative Matt Gaetz
Representative Jim Jordan
Nikki Haley, former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations
Republican National Committee chair Ronna McDaniel
Georgia State Representative Vernon Jones
Amy Johnson Ford
Kimberly Guilfoyle, Trump campaign fundraiser and girlfriend of Donald Trump Jr.
Natalie Harp, Trump campaign advisory board member
Charlie Kirk, founder of Turning Point USA
Kim Klacik, Republican congressional nominee
Mark and Patricia McCloskey, St. Louis couple who pointed guns at Black Lives Matter protesters
Sean Parnell, Republican congressional nominee
Andrew Pollack, father of Meadow Pollack, who was killed in the 2018 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
Donald Trump, Jr., oldest son of President Trump
Tanya Weinreis, small business owner whose coffee shop qualified for a loan under the Paycheck Protection Program

Tuesday
First Lady Melania Trump
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
Senator Rand Paul
Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds
Florida Lieutenant Governor Jeanette Nuñez
Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron
Former Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi
Abby Johnson, anti-abortion rights activist
Jason Joyce
Myron Lizer, Navajo Nation vice president
Mary Ann Mendoza, mother whose son was killed by an illegal immigrant
Megan Pauley
Cris Peterson
John Peterson
Nicholas Sandmann, student who sued news outlets after confrontation with Native American activist
Eric Trump, son of Mr. Trump
Tiffany Trump, daughter of Mr. Trump

Wednesday
Vice President Mike Pence
Second Lady Karen Pence
Senator Marsha Blackburn
Senator Joni Ernst
South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem
Representative Dan Crenshaw
Representative Elise Stefanik
Representative Lee Zeldin
Richard Grenell, former acting director of national intelligence
Kellyanne Conway, White House counselor
Keith Kellogg, national security adviser to the vice president
Jack Brewer, former NFL player
Sister Dede Byrne, surgeon and military veteran
Madison Cawthorn, Republican congressional nominee
Scott Dane, executive director, Associated Contract Loggers & Truckers of Minnesota
Clarence Henderson, civil rights activist
Ryan Holets, police officer known for adopting opioid-addicted baby
Michael McHale, National Association of Police Organizations president
Burgess Owens, former NFL player and GOP congressional nominee
Lara Trump, Trump campaign adviser and wife of Eric Trump

Thursday
President Trump
HUD Secretary Ben Carson
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
Senator Tom Cotton
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy
Representative Jeff Van Drew
Ivanka Trump, White House senior adviser
Ja'Ron Smith, White House assistant
Ann Dorn, widow of former police officer killed in St. Louis
Debbie Flood
Rudy Giuliani, former New York mayor
Franklin Graham, evangelical leader
Alice Johnson, ex-inmate pardoned by Mr. Trump
Wade Mayfield
Carl and Marsha Mueller, parents of U.S. aid worker killed by ISIS
Dana White, president of the Ultimate Fighting Championship

Glad we get to hear from grieving parents every night. I was worried voters weren’t quite afraid enough of how the commielibs will KiLl ThEiR cHiLdReN !!!!”

I get the parents of kids killed by an illegal immigrant and ISIS but a school shooting?

I get the parents of kids killed by an illegal immigrant and ISIS but a school shooting?

"If only there had been armed teachers in that school, maybe that tragedy wouldn't have happened..." or some such nonsense.

Hey I adopted an opioid-addicted baby, too. Where’s my speaking slot?

I see that Franklin Graham got his five minutes or whatever on Thursday night. If Little Falwell hadn't gone on his drunk joyride on the yacht recently he'd probably be squeezed into the final night too. Listening to Rudy rant and ramble incoherently for however much time they gave him should be fun on Thursday, and having Cotton and Carson speak that night should be entertaining as well, if not informative. I read that Trump watched the entire DNC and apparently planned much of the RNC agenda as a reaction/plagiarism of what they did, and it looks like they'll be some attempt to "soften" Trump's image by presenting some people he pardoned or who got a small business loan or whatever. At this stage it seems a little late to try to humanize an inhumane man and leader, but they're going to try anyway apparently.

Last edited:
I'm sure they'll find a 13 year old kid who was trying to run a real estate scam who Trump mentored after a rally.

Back