• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 Republican National Convention Thread

I'm sure they'll find a 13 year old kid who was trying to run a real estate scam who Trump mentored after a rally.

add 12 years and you've got the Republican candidate for NC-11, who is already speaking at the convention

I’ll probably try to watch it but don’t know how much I’ll be able to stomach.

I’ll probably try to watch it but don’t know how much I’ll be able to stomach.

Same here. I had a good routine last week of watching NBA on the big TV and the convention on my tablet. I'll do it again except I have to put the boys to bed for school, so I'll probably miss the Trump speeches.

the problem with the DNC was they didn't have the exact schedule of when people were going on. I basically want to see Trump speak and maybe a couple of other people but I don't want to watch anything more than I have to. Seems like someone has access to a run of show and could post it.

That wasn’t a problem. That worked in their favor. Networks couldn’t just bail and cut to the studio without fear they’d miss something. It was a two hour infomercial without designed commercial breaks.

Any breaks in the RNC are going to end up in a studio with someone talking about what a shitshow it is.

It’s a problem if you just want to watch specific things. There is a by the minute run of show, someone should leak it.

Some details on the RNC. It definitely sounds like a shitshow. Most speeches live from federal property in violation of the Hatch Act. Trump speaking live in prime time every night. Producers with little TV experience. A “Democrats for Trump” segment with surprise speakers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/22/us/politics/republican-convention-preview.html

Oh, I can't wait for the "Democrats for Trump" speaking segments. Seeing who they trot out should be quite interesting.

Seems like something Trump may have requested after seeing all the Republicans (so many Republicans) at the Dem convention.

I hope the "Walk Away" grifter dude is included.

No specific mention of COVID. The only stated belief is being for Trump and against Obama-Biden and Democrats.

Their platform? Own the Libs. That's all that matters now. They didn't even bother to include a cursory mention of abortion, gun rights, lower taxes, smaller government, and all the other cliches of the right. They did manage to include a slap at the fake news media though. If you were looking for proof that the GOP has become a cult devoted to one man, this is it.

[The great Rubio] Ben Carson is speaking? I thought he died! Oh, that was Herman Cain. Oops. [/Rubio]

I thought it was strange when I saw Secretary Pompeo's name on the list for Tuesday, since he just flew to Israel to continue further peace talks beyond the success last week in brokering ties between the UAE and Israel. Makes sense that he will be delivering his comments from over there.

Never criticize foreign policy from abroad, even if that is from the minority party.

I don't understand a lot of things about this, but I'm outright fucking baffled by letting the little Sandman shit speak. What is the purpose of this?

Sandman is a pawn in the effort to convince rubes that no sources can be trusted except for dear leader. Sandman and his bogus lawsuits will be used to claim vindication in their effort to paint all credible sources of information as fake news.

When did Mitch decide to speak after all? I thought it was reported he was abandoning ship?

Back