• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 Republican National Convention Thread

I thought Schiff laid out the case well, had a logical and well-stated argument, and presented his argument in a convincing manner. What makes you state that he is a "possessed fool?" That seems like a highly partisan statement. Schiff went to undergrad at Stanford and got his JD from Harvard - he seems quite sharp and likely had very good training at both schools.

Because to Trumpites, getting degrees from Stanford and Harvard isn't something to be admired, but rather to be held in fear and ridicule and contempt. It means that you're just an overeducated coastal elitist snob who really doesn't know what he's talking about, doesn't have any common sense (like Real Americans), and you're just another worthless, lying so-called expert to be ignored.*

*This doesn't apply to leading conservatives, of course, the fact that many of them attended prep schools and Ivy League and other prestigious colleges is simply ignored, as long as they pander to Trump's base.

Trump's base has become their base because the didn't speak out. They are stuck. Of course as long as they keep their job they aren't all that upset by it. And most are thrilled. Makes life easier when you barely need to campaign and develop ideas and legislation. Ride those coattails to the sweet sweet judges and cash those checks.

Trump's base has become their base because the didn't speak out. They are stuck. Of course as long as they keep their job they aren't all that upset by it. And most are thrilled. Makes life easier when you barely need to campaign and develop ideas and legislation. Ride those coattails to the sweet sweet judges and cash those checks.

That’s well said. Republicans lawmakers are fundamentally lazy. When they aren’t in power, they just whine and complain. When they are, they still whine and complain but do what they’re told. They have no ideas themselves.

I’m Proud to be an American might be it.

I'm sure they're free and clear to use "baw wit da baw" or "cat scratch fever".

now do people actually voting. This election needs to have record voter turnout. Anything remotely close and the shit show will be crazy.

now do people actually voting. This election needs to have record voter turnout. Anything remotely close and the shit show will be crazy.

Yep. This is as close to a pure turnout election as we've ever seen. Almost everyone's minds are already made up (I simply don't believe that more than the tiniest fraction of voters are really undecided, whatever they may tell pollsters), the key for Democrats is getting their people out to vote and making sure that their votes are actually counted. Trump still has a good chance of winning, I think, but even if he loses by a close margin, then I'm more convinced than ever that he'll refuse to leave, and will claim that it was just stolen from him. And if that happens, Lord help us.

Last edited:
Especially when the military will sit out the argument while lockstep dhs, ice, and other shitbags line up to guard the Whitehouse... probably not... I guess... ?? I mean, if he hasn't he'll float the idea. Maybe he'll just head for mother russsia and face his debts... naw

That’s not even a religious song. It just sounds religious. More fake ass Christianity.

I thought Schiff laid out the case well, had a logical and well-stated argument, and presented his argument in a convincing manner. What makes you state that he is a "possessed fool?" That seems like a highly partisan statement. Schiff went to undergrad at Stanford and got his JD from Harvard - he seems quite sharp and likely had very good training at both schools.

The case for what exactly?

He is possessed by a perpetual urge to lie.

Schiff is so partisan that it is hardly possible to say anything about him, pro or con, without sounding partisan as well. In any event, I don't remember you pointing out other partisan posts in the past on a board that is overwhelmed by leftist political partisanship. If your worry is partisanship, then I'll look forward to your pointing out Dem partisan posts in the future. It should not be too difficult.

As far as Schiff's education is concerned, whatever the merits of a Stanford and Harvard education may be, in Schiff's case the moral and ethical aspects of such education clearly failed.

IIRC, the charges were abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

Glad to hear you are so worried about honesty/lying, ethics and morality and yet still defending and considering voting for Trump.

And partisanship!

Uh huh.

IIRC, the charges were abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

Glad to hear you are so worried about honesty/lying, ethics and morality and yet still defending and considering voting for Trump.

And partisanship!

Uh huh.

Those charges are rather vague, and that's part of the problem.

In response to a post defending him, I simply pointed out that Schiff lies consistently. The evidence for that is easily available to anyone.

Criticizing Dems is not the same as defending Trump. This seems more than a little obvious, and it is unfortunate that around here it needs to be consistently repeated.

Rafi seems to be the one concerned about partisanship on these boards, albeit in a rather partisan way.

No, it’s not obvious. Somewhat depends on the context of the criticisms.

Perhaps if so many continue to perceive you as defending Trump you might consider if there’s some legitimate basis for this perception.

Bipartisan action has been killed in part by redistricting, which creates "safe seats,"which are filled with further right and left members. The House is a mess and only gets anything done thanks to Speaker Pelosi. The Senate has started behaving the same way and voting scores bear out the hollowing of the middle. McConnell/Schumer (and Reid before him) are certainly no Mitchell/Dole. Both sides are to blame, but Trump's role has made things significantly worse.

Joe's got a lot to heal.

Bipartisan action has been killed in part by redistricting, which creates "safe seats,"which are filled with further right and left members. The House is a mess and only gets anything done thanks to Speaker Pelosi. The Senate has started behaving the same way and voting scores bear out the hollowing of the middle. McConnell/Schumer (and Reid before him) are certainly no Mitchell/Dole. Both sides are to blame, but Trump's role has made things significantly worse.

Joe's got a lot to heal.

Not so sure things are as bosides as you want them to be.

Show your easily available evidence of Schiff's lies. You won't because you can't. Your MO is to make sweeping claims and never back them up or ask the targets to do all your leg work on claims that are false. Granted he did make a ridiculous attempt to illustrate one of his points with hyperbole that was obvious and easily latched on to by low information fox news types to paint him as a liar.

Redistricting? I think you misspelled gerrymandering.

voting in the senate? There's no voting in the senate. moscow mitch does not allow any votes he himself can't control the outcome to. He does not any trumpublican to go on record in any way.

Back