• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 DNC Thread - VP Kamala; speakers announced

To be fair, Kasich isn’t there to speak to Democrats. AOC and some young Progressives should host an after party on Twitch. Speak directly to the young base. The public part of the conventions are outdated.

Last edited:
[h=2]Democratic National Convention Coalitions & Partner Organizations: Schedule of Events[/h]These events start in the morning and last until the main event in the evening.
https://www.demconvention.com/partn...ons-partner-organizations-schedule-of-events/

Some highlights:

[h=3]Monday, August 17[/h]

[h=3]Tuesday, August 18[/h]

[h=3]Wednesday, August 19[/h]

[h=3]Thursday, August 20[/h]

None of this matters but it's still fucking stupid to do on the part of the DNC.

Last edited:
I get the reason for having a Republican or two, but Christine Todd Whitman does not need to be speaking in an election year where trusting government officials on public health statements is paramount.

None of this matters but it's still fucking stupid to do on the part of the DNC.

Three women Republicans who nobody remembers on the first day of the DNC seems like an obvious play for white suburban moms. Looks like they'll be on stage together. I doubt they have more than a minute or two together.

I get the reason for having a Republican or two, but Christine Todd Whitman does not need to be speaking in an election year where trusting government officials on public health statements is paramount.

If she is there to address the dismantling of the EPA, that's fine. It shows that the environment shouldn't be a partisan issue. Yes, the 9/11 statement was/is problematic, but likely was part of why she eventually resigned as well.

I'd be shocked if they were there to say anything except "We're Republicans. Trump is terrible. We're putting country over party and voting Biden. You should too."

Three women Republicans who nobody remembers on the first day of the DNC seems like an obvious play for white suburban moms. Looks like they'll be on stage together. I doubt they have more than a minute or two together.

It is probably more about the senate than anything else. This feels a bit like a direct swipe at the supposedly reasonable Susan Collins...'Here are some moderate Republicans willing to part ways with their party when the leadership goes fascist, Why not Susan Collins?'

It is probably more about the senate than anything else. This feels a bit like a direct swipe at the supposedly reasonable Susan Collins...'Here are some moderate Republicans willing to part ways with their party when the leadership goes fascist, Why not Susan Collins?'

Good point. Same with Joni Ernst. Both are going up against Democrat women.

It's a very low bar, but this is way better than normal conventions. Maybe they should always be virtual.

Having Lori Lightfoot in that section on police brutality was a... questionable decision, though.

Just had great memories of Megan Rapinoe telling Trump to go screw.

Klob looks dopey standing at a podium after Cortez sitting in a pretty nondescript kitchen table.

It's a very low bar, but this is way better than normal conventions. Maybe they should always be virtual.

Having Lori Lightfoot in that section on police brutality was a... questionable decision, though.

Yeah. That was a weird choice.

Just had great memories of Megan Rapinoe telling Trump to go screw.

Megan Rapinoe is awesome. Hope she runs for office one day, but she's doing work as is.

Fine speech by Bernie, but they could have given AOC some of those minutes. He kept repeating himself as he tends to do.

Back