• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 DNC Thread - VP Kamala; speakers announced

I loved the speech. Reinforced how high the stakes are for this election as well as implying that it's time to do whatever it takes. Enough of the being nice BS. I really feel like people are going to be out for blood this week and I can't wait to see it.

it is amazing the amount of hate Michelle Obama gets on social media from mouthbreathers -- a lot calling her "Mike," saying she has bigger balls than Barack, is hateful, etc. Nothing like our current beautiful, graceful First Lady.

Thought Bernie and Michelle both did well. Bernie bit the bullet, endorsed Biden’s HC plan, and told his supporters to go vote for Biden because this isn’t time to play games. Michelle gave a really good speech - she’s a mesmerizing speaker overall - and mixed in the right balance of substance regarding Democrats’ own actions and pointing out the irresponsibility and incompetence of the GOP.

I was impressed with Bernie's speech as well. It wasn't about him and it was extremely clear. We have moved our ideas from the fringe to the mainstream. Now go vote if you care at all about the future of our democracy.

it is amazing the amount of hate Michelle Obama gets on social media from mouthbreathers -- a lot calling her "Mike," saying she has bigger balls than Barack, is hateful, etc. Nothing like our current beautiful, graceful First Lady.

Yeah, my bad sister who watches Fox 24/7 despises both Michelle and Barack. I mean, okay, you hate their politics, but to hate them so intensely personally? The Obamas both come from working class backgrounds and then did what they were supposed to in order to achieve the American Dream - they got college and graduate degrees and good jobs. I mean it's not like I hate anyone in the Bush family personally (well Cheney I do kinda hate). And yes, my sister loves everyone in the Trump family.

Yeah, my bad sister who watches Fox 24/7 despises both Michelle and Barack. I mean, okay, you hate their politics, but to hate them so intensely personally? The Obamas both come from working class backgrounds and then did what they were supposed to in order to achieve the American Dream - they got college and graduate degrees and good jobs. I mean it's not like I hate anyone in the Bush family personally (well Cheney I do kinda hate). And yes, my sister loves everyone in the Trump family.

It's because they are black

It's a very low bar, but this is way better than normal conventions. Maybe they should always be virtual.

Having Lori Lightfoot in that section on police brutality was a... questionable decision, though.

just a perfect example of modern liberalism

Lori Lightfoot is just doing what she’s doing to rise in politics so it’s ok.

Melania probably would love to give a speech about how much her husband sucks

Yeah, we know Clinton is a scumbag. Where's that same energy re: Trump and Epstein?

tenor.gif

Back