• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 DNC Thread - VP Kamala; speakers announced

The latest projection I’ve seen is that white people will make up less than 50% of the population in 2045. 5-18 year olds are already 51% white. In 2045, AOC will be the same age Kamala is right now and a senior politician. She will probably be a House leader or senator from NY by then if not President already. She’s definitely the future of the party.

I was disappointed that the DNC hasn’t featured more 18-25 year olds. They’ve featured plenty of non-politicians but few if any have been that young. I’d like to see them feature teenage activists, organizers, and influencers. Maybe they’re thinking young people don’t watch the DNC but I think it’s a mistake not using the new format to broaden the audience.

It’s a joke seeing media call Kamala a new generation knowing that she’s older than most of Gen X, all millennials, and almost half of Gen Z is eligible to vote.

Yet at the same time you hear the doom and gloom of the pubs are having 40% more kids than the dems. I guess not all children of pubs vote like their parents, but my high school facebook shows a whole lotta pubs spitting out 4 kids.

He’s pulling off desperate rage really well. It’s like he split the difference with Luther the anger translator.

I’m watching the Crooked Media feed and even his former speechwriter is stunned by his tone.

It was basically “I can’t believe I really have to plead for you to not vote for Donald Fucking Trump”

Yet at the same time you hear the doom and gloom of the pubs are having 40% more kids than the dems. I guess not all children of pubs vote like their parents, but my high school facebook shows a whole lotta pubs spitting out 4 kids.

I haven't read about pubs having more kids than dems. Have any articles been written about it? Seems like that would be a pretty big demographic phenomenon to write about, because it would mean that whites shouldn't be shrinking as a percentage of the overall population, but increasing.

It was basically “I can’t believe I really have to plead for you to not vote for Donald Fucking Trump”

Who is watching the last night of the DNC debate that is undecided? It's unclear to me who these politicians believe their audience is.

Honestly, I just hear that doom and gloom from you.

MDMH, the audience is everyone. They want base Democrats to get more involved. They want unenthusiastic people on the left to show up to vote. They want what undecideds there are to vote Democrat. They want Republicans to rethink their vote.

Last edited:
Did Kamala really say “none of us are free, until all of us are free?” 🤦🏻‍♂️

Did Kamala really say “none of us are free, until all of us are free?” 🤦🏻‍♂️

lol
Shameless_DVD_Season_7.jpg

Who do you think the audience is? What is a "liberal spotlight effect?"

I'll take AOC on the left any day over Laura Loomer and the Georgia QANON lady on the right.

Seriously. Deacspop is going to criticize the DNC while he and his party gave us Trump, QAnon, Loomer, and his party is going to have that gun waving Karen and Ken and that racist little Covington shit be keynotes at the RNC. Just go crawl in a hole, Deacspop.

Who do you think the audience is? What is a "liberal spotlight effect?"

I honestly don't know who the intended audience is, because virtually none of the people Obama is pleading with are directly listening to him. Political conventions are pep rallies. Maybe the DNC had a large hypothetical "hate" audience that i'm unaware of. + you know what a spotlight effect is, that's intro psych.

absolutely not - watched Last Weekend Tonight with my wife, and finished that Bigfoot horror movie "Willow Creek" directed by Bobcat Goldthwait - was just ok, the ending cribbed from Blair Witch Project pretty egregiously/C+

I'm not arguing with Obamas speech - I didnt see it. It's perfectly logical for him to compel Democrats and Biden supporters to work hard getting Biden elected. No use in me getting into some unreasonable debate over that. I was just puzzled by what PH implied about Obamas speech, RE: vote scolding Trump supporters. I don't see a purpose in using the DNC to do that.

Last edited:
I'm not arguing with Obamas speech - I didnt see it. It's perfectly logical for him to compel Democrats and Biden supporters to work hard getting Biden elected. No use in me getting into some unreasonable debate over that. I was just puzzled by what PH implied about Obamas speech, RE: vote scolding Trump supporters. I don't see a purpose in using the DNC to do that.

So you didn't even watch the speech and you're asking questions and spent an hour making broad assumptions about the DNC based on a misinterpretation of what I said about the speech. C'mon man.

He wasn't "vote scolding Trump supporters." Just watch the damn speech. It was a great speech. He was speaking to the urgency of now. He was channeling our anger in a way he never has before.

Last edited:
lol at the rhetorical theory/criticism in this thread

Back