• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 DNC Thread - VP Kamala; speakers announced

Interesting side take...President Trump will be on Sean Hannity's show on Fox News tomorrow right before Joe speaks tomorrow night.

Interesting side take...President Trump will be on Sean Hannity's show on Fox News tomorrow right before Joe speaks tomorrow night.

Has Fox News been showing the DNC?

I honestly don't know who the intended audience is, because virtually none of the people Obama is pleading with are directly listening to him. Political conventions are pep rallies. Maybe the DNC had a large hypothetical "hate" audience that i'm unaware of. + you know what a spotlight effect is, that's intro psych.

It’s 2020, the audience is certainly bigger than the live audience. Some of SNL’s most successful sketches now are ones that are able to make the run on social media. The audience of the speech is potentially everyone. Clips are going to be shared all day today.

It’s 2020, the audience is certainly bigger than the live audience. Some of SNL’s most successful sketches now are ones that are able to make the run on social media. The audience of the speech is potentially everyone. Clips are going to be shared all day today.

That's true, but I wasnt being literal, I meant "audience" as in people who are receptive to his message. I could literally listen to every speech Trump has ever given, but I wont listen to any of them.

GOP definitely have more kids than Dems but with the caveat that the relationship between parents’ ideology and kids’ ideology continuing to decrease. For a long time one of, if not the, top indicator for political affiliation was your parents’ affiliation. This may still be true but there’s strong evidence that this relationship is decreasing.

Has Fox News been showing the DNC?

They've been airing the second hour (same as the over-the-air networks). Hannity has been on in the first hour; he'll cut away every now and then for a couple of minutes when a big name is speaking in that hour (he's put AOC, Hillary and a couple more on this week) and then him and whoever is his guest at that moment will chime in with instant analysis of what was said.

That's a shame. The first hour has been good.

They've been airing the second hour (same as the over-the-air networks). Hannity has been on in the first hour; he'll cut away every now and then for a couple of minutes when a big name is speaking in that hour (he's put AOC, Hillary and a couple more on this week) and then him and whoever is his guest at that moment will chime in with instant analysis of what was said.

does that mean they will have to do the same with the RNC?

does that mean they will have to do the same with the RNC?

Looking ahead at my TV listings on Comcast, they're showing Hannity on from 9-10 on Monday and then RNC coverage from 10-11, with Laura Ingraham on after.

I'll assume that they'll do the same thing during Hannity and chime in when someone important is speaking.

What ever happened to shutting up during your opponent's convention and them doing to same for you?

"This time next year..."

Powerful stuff.

Oh look, there's the guy people were mad wasn't going speak at the DNC.

Back