• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 DNC Thread - VP Kamala; speakers announced

I don’t think most of the republicans who vote for Biden this year are going to stick around voting for Dems after Trump is gone. Once their favored policies have a nicer package (like Tom Cotten or Nikki Haley) they’ll head back to the R side. So they aren’t really relevant to a discussion of a hypothetical third party that would take at least a decade or two to get any momentum

sure, I agree with all that. I just vehemently disagree with the Republican value calculation being made in real time by Democrats in the party and in this very thread, because it's blatantly classist and elitist.

sure, I agree with all that. I just vehemently disagree with the Republican value calculation being made in real time by Democrats in the party and in this very thread, because it's blatantly classist and elitist.

Unless it’s a progressive talking about nativists joining progressives. That’s cool.

Thats the whole discussion over the hypothetical Republicans moving to the Democratic Party in 2020, vs the "nativists" being left behind.

In our current discussion, those "nativists" are assumed to be white supremacists, while the Republicans who just decided to vote for Biden are...?
That was Brasky's fan fiction I was referring to.

We're going to talk about undercurrents - there's an ever present undercurrent of classism among liberals when discussing which Republicans (as a crude stand in for white people) are worthy of respect and which aren't, and its almost completely determined by economics and class.

I'm not going to take ph's bullshit lying down. Do you think your little side commentary is helping?

I am disagreeing with you because I think your opinions are wrong. You believe I think you’re wrong because I’m classist as if I know anything about your class background. Seems self-important of you. Then you attack my educational attainment on an offshoot of a college sports message board no less. It’s a similar tactic to those used by BKF, jhmd, Angus, and others. Real ugly stuff.

And the crazy thing is we are on the same side and probably agree about 95% of the issues.

Unless it’s a progressive talking about nativists joining progressives. That’s cool.

The Democratic Party is practically begging Republicans to vote for Biden. What the fuck do you think a Republican in 2020 believes? Do you think the stupid shirtless smoking guy from the video is suddenly some worldly liberal now that he supports Biden?

I am disagreeing with you because I think your opinions are wrong. You believe I think you’re wrong because I’m classist as if I know anything about your class background. Seems self-important of you. Then you attack my educational attainment on an offshoot of a college sports message board no less. It’s a similar tactic to those used by BKF, jhmd, Angus, and others. Real ugly stuff.

And the crazy thing is we are on the same side and probably agree about 95% of the issues.

Disagree with me all day, but when you keep telling people that I resent black voters, you're asking for a goddamn argument. So you think I resent black democrats and I think you resent poor white people. Thats where we're at. I'm willing to back down, but not if you're going to keep. implying im a racist.

Disagree with me all day, but when you keep telling people that I resent black voters, you're asking for a goddamn argument. So you think I resent black democrats and I think you resent poor white people. Thats where we're at. I'm willing to back down, but not if you're going to keep. implying im a racist.

Maybe not resent them, but seems like you think they are all the same and that they don't share your values (i.e., they value electability). And that they need someone else to PROMISE electability, implying they can't make their own decisions.

A progressive party would have to at least split the black vote to have any shot, and thats a chicken-egg problem because the mostly monolithic black primary vote requires a promise of electability.

Everything you’ve been posting today is bitching and moaning about why Bernie didn’t win in SC because he didn’t attract Black voters. You’ll deny it but that’s what this is about. Bernie didn’t try. He made an entire career out of a tiny state with barely any Black people. He’s probably gotten fewer than 30K Black votes total his entire career.

He’s not a great candidate. You’ll never understand that. Try building a progressive coalition. Try doing it with a better candidate and it will be more successful. It’s not difficult.

Let’s just stop pretending you’re not still salty.

Last edited:
All of the 3rd party schemes out of progressives would serve only one purpose. It would allow a Republican minority that already benefits from the US electoral system to entrench power for even longer and put in more impediments to improving things when and if they are out of power.

Having power is everything in government, and if you feel that you are having to compromise too much, then it means that your ideas aren't generating enough votes on their own, but shared power or being even a part of a coalition is better than not being in power.

Right. Everyone who wants multiple parties needs to fight the literal system. Canvass for ranked choice voting or something that isn’t just winner take all vote for one candidate.

What I’ll agree with from the MDMH discussion is that classism in America is a prevalent issue that needs to be addressed. So does racism and due to myriad systemic issues they’re pretty related

Everything you’ve been posting today is bitching and moaning about why Bernie didn’t win in SC because he didn’t attract Black voters. You’ll deny it but that’s what this is about. Bernie didn’t try. He made an entire career out of a tiny state with barely any Black people. He’s probably gotten fewer than 30K Black votes total his entire career.

He’s not a great candidate. You’ll never understand that. Try building a progressive coalition. Try doing it with a better candidate and it will be more successful. It’s not difficult.

Let’s just stop pretending you’re not still salty.

Bernie got support from wonderful and influential black radicalsand civil rights icons whom i'll continue to learn from long after Bernie is dead. I only wish those radicals were more representative in todays politics.

Bernie got support from wonderful and influential black radicalsand civil rights icons whom i'll continue to learn from long after Bernie is dead. I only wish those radicals were more representative in todays politics.
Then they wouldn't be radicals by definition.

Fuck you, elitist. You cant cover for your classist bullshit by suddenly pretending to be the only black person in the world. You represent assholes, thats about it. Never in a million years would I take your hateful dismissive condescension to represent Black americans. I work with a school building full of wonderful black teachers making 15/hr to work with special needs children and you're not worthy to lick their fucking shoes.

You sound exactly like the type of stable person I’d want teaching my child.

You sound exactly like the type of stable person I’d want teaching my child.

school teacher is actually a very common vocation for angry leftists, so if you got kids in school I got some bad news for you.

All of the 3rd party schemes out of progressives would serve only one purpose. It would allow a Republican minority that already benefits from the US electoral system to entrench power for even longer and put in more impediments to improving things when and if they are out of power.

Having power is everything in government, and if you feel that you are having to compromise too much, then it means that your ideas aren't generating enough votes on their own, but shared power or being even a part of a coalition is better than not being in power.

Democracy.

So in the same week we have center talking about people not being fit to wipe asses and MDMH talking about how Ph is not fit to lick shoes.

This pandemic is destroying people’s brains.

So in the same week we have center talking about people not being fit to wipe asses and MDMH talking about how Ph is not fit to lick shoes.

This pandemic is destroying people’s brains.

Some folks seem especially on edge...and weirdly worried about the cleanliness of other people’s asses and shoes.

I had worthless drive by post by a piece of shit who gloats about COVID deaths in democratic states. BINGO!

Back