• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 DNC Thread - VP Kamala; speakers announced

lol this shit rules

love to be a democrat

Democratic politics remind me of that joke, "Work is just what I do between smoke breaks." Being a Democrat is just forever waiting for the next election

I wasnt talking about Biden - Kamala is a good pick.
I just think the politically engaged Democrats so effusively praising Kamala now are mostly full of shit. Where was this praise when she had to drop out?

i mean, is this a serious question? it is the way politics is played...look at Ted Cruz and Trump. Do you remember the petty, gutter-trash things they said to each other? Trump said Cruz was not american, his wife is a dog, he is a terrible liar and cheat, his dad was in on the Kennedy assassination. Cruz returned all the jabs with his own gutter-trash remarks about how Trump is a silver spoon and never did anything on his own, narcissist and criminal, etc..

but yet Cruz has been lapping up Trump when President.

Cruz: "I am not in the habit of supporting people who attack my wife and attack my father. ... that pledge was not a blanket commitment that if you go and slander and attack Heidi, that I'm going to nonetheless come like a servile puppy dog and say, 'thank you very much for maligning my wife and my father.'"

10/2018 "Now, he's "Beautiful Ted." That's how Trump described the Texas senator Monday to reporters before coming here to Houston, Cruz's hometown, to try and help him across the finish line."

Republican are also full of shit. Where was the praise during the election? you need to take another look...

Big_Picture_Next_Exit-process-s300x-q80-t1532006667.png

also see: Lindsey Graham, just off the top of my head.

Last edited:
I don't plan to watch any of these speakers besides maybe Biden and Harris.

I might watch Trump's acceptance speech just to see what sort of stupid shit he might say.

you know what they say...if you can't beat em

Is this in reference to dems joining pubs because they can't beat them, or in reference to progressives joining/staying with establishment dems because they can't beat them?

I wasnt talking about Biden - Kamala is a good pick.
I just think the politically engaged Democrats so effusively praising Kamala now are mostly full of shit. Where was this praise when she had to drop out?

Frankly, she ran a bad campaign and never found her lane for support. I think I've said this before, but 18 months ago the 2 candidates I was most prepared to be excited about were Harris and Beto. Beto ended up disappointing because he had little to no substance. Harris started out running to the left and attacking Biden and Obama. But given that she was a former prosecutor and state AG, few on the left were going to abandon their affection for Warren or Sanders and support Harris. And she never seemed to have a clear direction on health care. Then it seemed she tried to tack back towards the moderate center, but that lane was occupied by Biden and Klobuchar, and Buttigieg had staked out that lane between the centrists and the left. I ended up being just as disappointed by her. And if it did come down to her or Rice, I greatly preferred Rice. That said, I get that Benghazi may have been a problem for Rice, and her son would have been a bigger problem and probably would have been featured on Fox a lot had Rice been veep. This probably means Rice will get SoS, and I'm more than fine with that. And I'm fine with Harris on the ticket and see her value there, even though I found her campaign seriously lacking in many ways. And making Harris veep opens up AG for Doug Jones, and I think he'd make a great AG.

i mean, is this a serious question? it is the way politics is played...look at Ted Cruz and Trump.

1. Are you seriously defending the Republican Party lining up behind Trump?

2. I'm talking about voters and pundits, not Biden. I dont understand how being chosen by a 75yo white guy for vice president suddenly makes people so appreciative of such an accomplished black woman who got zero traction running for President just a few months ago. Shes the exact same person now that she was then. Its a very high profile example of the perverse procedural gatekeeping that goes on in our political system, where party line voters for some idiotic reason need to be told who to support.

If its so important for a black woman to be on the ticket in August, why didn't voters make it happen in February? Why leave it up to chance?

I support Kamala as VP, even though I think she did some terrible shit as California AG. I just find the "Yaaas qween"-ing going on to be completely dishonest and grating.

Last edited:
Is this in reference to dems joining pubs because they can't beat them, or in reference to progressives joining/staying with establishment dems because they can't beat them?

Kind of a simple concept at play. People vote and poll for their first choice. She wasn’t a first choice but people still like her and are fine with her as VP.

Kind of a simple concept at play. People vote and poll for their first choice. She wasn’t a first choice but people still like her and are fine with her as VP.

oh, are people "just fine" with her as VP? Im not seeing a lot of "just fine with this" takes, im seeing a lot of shit libs breaking their hands patting themselves on the back so hard for being so progressive

oh, are people "just fine" with her as VP? Im not seeing a lot of "just fine with this" takes, im seeing a lot of shit libs breaking their hands patting themselves on the back so hard for being so progressive
I know this is a foreign concept to progressives but Democrats are trying to promote their main ticket as being far superior to the alternative.

Last edited:
I think AOC should have gotten longer than a minute. Is either this or the fact that Kasich is speaking worth the outrage about it that is coming out of the progressive movement? No. The perpetual outrage and bitching about everything that the establishment Democrats do is just tiring and people tune it out.

I think AOC should have gotten longer than a minute. Is either this or the fact that Kasich is speaking worth the outrage about it that is coming out of the progressive movement? No. The perpetual outrage and bitching about everything that the establishment Democrats do is just tiring and people tune it out.

AOC should be a featured speaker regardless of how progressive or not progressive you are, she's just a damn good orator.

Please tell me that "60 seconds to AOC" is a typo? That seems more willfully insulting than just excluding her.

You're describing what you feel when you hear people complain about not having a voice. But people also tune the Democrats out because they do shit like this. It's fine if the media want to whitewash Kasich's awful social record, but the Dems shouldn't do it just because he's anti-Trump. Eventually the means to an end start becoming new ends.

Because those two bring in tons of donor money. Until the party moves to make campaign finance reform a reality they'll control the party.

But wouldn't any Democrat in either of those positions rake in tons of donor money? Schumer has no charisma and no appeal except that he is powerful. We really should have the next speaker of the house and the next senate majority leader speaking at these high profile events so that the donors can get to see them on the big stage.

I know this is a foreign concept to progressives but Democrats are trying to promote their main ticket as being far superior to the alternative.
Moderate Democrats getting high sniffing their own farts. A marked accomplishment, being less racist than the party of white supremacists. Instead of bullshitting, why dont we have the real discussion of why the Democratic establishment chose Biden over Kamala this election cycle

You don't have to like or support kasich to realize that having a major Republican figure endorse your candidate at the convention is a good political move, and having him bash Trump for however many minutes he will speak and support Biden is a lot more credible to middle-of-the-road voters.

I love this mythical undecided middle of the road 2020 voter.

Hmm Biden seems ok but Trump is doing a fine job. How to decide? I know, I’ll watch the convention! Let’s hear what this John Kasich fella has to say.

Back