• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 DNC Thread - VP Kamala; speakers announced

It’s like pretending voters care what David Brooks thinks.

This election will have almost nothing to do with undecided voters because if you're honestly undecided at this point, you're probably going to end up voting Trump. This election will be almost entirely about GOTV and convincing infrequent and brand new voters to register and actually get to the ballots or successfully complete a mail-in ballot. Honestly I could give less than two shits about who is speaking at the convention and who isn't, I probably won't watch much of it anyway and certainly not consistently enough to see all the speakers. I do care about how the DNC and the Biden/Harris campaign organize statewide and locally in key areas and who from those areas is helping them (e.g., get Omar to help in Minnesota, Beto to help in Texas, Tlaib to help in Michigan, Abrams to help in Georgia, etc.). The convention is literally a formality and really isn't worth the trouble this year of all years because of COVID.

- Complain for 4 years that millenials and leftists lost the election by not voting

- Spends all their political capital appealing to boomer and x'er economic conservatives

Latinos $200
The Poor $150
Southerners $800
Wealthy Boomers $3,600
Black People $150
someone who is good at the electoral politics please help me budget this. cheeto man is bad.

I love this mythical undecided middle of the road 2020 voter.

Hmm Biden seems ok but Trump is doing a fine job. How to decide? I know, I’ll watch the convention! Let’s hear what this John Kasich fella has to say.
Well there's a lot more evidence of this and them deciding elections than the mythical Bernie disaffected non-voter turning voter.

- Complain for 4 years that millenials and leftists lost the election by not voting

- Spends all their political capital appealing to boomer and x'er economic conservatives

Latinos $200
The Poor $150
Southerners $800
Wealthy Boomers $3,600
Black People $150
someone who is good at the electoral politics please help me budget this. cheeto man is bad.
Yes because having a republican speak on day one of the convention is using all your political capital especially after you form a unity task force to move your policy positions to the left with the second-place candidate.

Latinos $200
The Poor $150
Southerners $800
Wealthy Boomers $3,600
Black People $150

I dare you to go post this in RJ's thread

Yes because having a republican speak on day one of the convention is using all your political capital especially after you form a unity task force to move your policy positions to the left with the second-place candidate.

we've gone round and round on this "unity task force" and you still dont seem to be getting acknowledging the disatisfaction and distrust with it. Have you ever heard the cliche that in a good compromise both sides are dissatisfied? I posted a quote from AOC a few months back where she said that satisfactory progress with Biden would make him uncomfortable.

Take it as a big clue that you're much more satisfied with this unity agenda than the people the agenda is supposed to be reaching out to , and its not because you're especially magnanimous.

Moderate Democrats getting high sniffing their own farts. A marked accomplishment, being less racist than the party of white supremacists. Instead of bullshitting, why dont we have the real discussion of why the Democratic establishment chose Biden over Kamala this election cycle

Nice. This is where MDMH bashes Black voters for supporting Biden.

Moderate Democrats getting high sniffing their own farts. A marked accomplishment, being less racist than the party of white supremacists. Instead of bullshitting, why dont we have the real discussion of why the Democratic establishment chose Biden over Kamala this election cycle

Is it really a discussion though?

Is it really a discussion though?

He doesn’t really mean Kamala. He could care less. He sees her as another Biden. He’s mad at Black voters for not picking the other long time old white politician from a tiny state.

He doesn’t really mean Kamala. He could care less. He sees her as another Biden. He’s mad at Black voters for not picking the other long time old white politician from a tiny state.

You seem a little testy, Ph, whats going on?

Enjoy your crumbs, mdmh, same as it ever was

we've gone round and round on this "unity task force" and you still dont seem to be getting acknowledging the disatisfaction and distrust with it. Have you ever heard the cliche that in a good compromise both sides are dissatisfied? I posted a quote from AOC a few months back where she said that satisfactory progress with Biden would make him uncomfortable.

Take it as a big clue that you're much more satisfied with this unity agenda than the people the agenda is supposed to be reaching out to , and its not because you're especially magnanimous.

Well your candidate lost so his surrogates really weren't in the position to dictate policy to the nominee. That was a dumb thing for AOC to say.

But there were definite policy concessions that were made by Biden and that's a good thing.

Well your candidate lost so his surrogates really weren't in the position to dictate policy to the nominee. That was a dumb thing for AOC to say.

Lol, so much for unity then.

ok, good, I just want you to admit that you know this, because we all know this too. Instead of playing stupid when me or townie dont acknowledge the "unity commission" just remember that we know you and moderates actually dont give a fuck and arent trying to compromise because you dont feel you have to.

Back