• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020 DNC Thread - VP Kamala; speakers announced

Lol imagine Biden trying to explain what “cis” means

Remember when he was asked by some troll right wing reporter how many genders there were and he said “at least three”

I pretty much skip over what ChrisL posts, its pretty much the same old same old so there is no point in reading it. Its the same as the Trump own the libs suck it mentality but in this case its own the progressives suck it.

This has been the attitude of the far left since at least the 2016 election. Glad you are finally realizing it.

Yep, the parties are exactly the same. Smart.

They aren’t but you aren’t exactly voting out of your best interests. That’s a huge part of the point I’m making a lot of the time. There’s such a narrow band of interests being served by national politicians of either party. The difference between the right swinging towards fascism and a left populism is that a left populism stands a chance of improving quality of life for a larger group of people. The ideological space covered by neolibs in both parties is narrower than you pretend.

lol, I do appreciate what you're saying - it's a fresher commentary on the topic. What confuses me, honestly is the perspective taking of political commentary. When people tell me "You have to compromise!", what does that literally mean? Is that strictly about voting? I compromise everyday from the time I wakeup to when I go to sleep regarding my own life, but I have no direct participation in political decision making, so what am I being asked to compromise and why? As it relates to Biden, Bernie, Trump, all of us here are just bystanders. We're not "In the room where it happens", so...who are we compromising with? Ourselves?

tell the guy who just admitted that there was no actual compromise because my side had no leverage. The few of you pestering me seemed to have missed that.

So which one is it? You're acting like Chris is some key Democratic establishment power player who aced you out of negotiations.

So which one is it? You're acting like Chris is some key Democratic establishment power player who aced you out of negotiations.

MDMH: we don’t have to compromise with who we vote for
ChrisL: we should only vote for candidates who will compromise

? ChrisL and I are both talking about Biden. I dont think I ever accused him of being a politician, just of supporting (with money, activism, and votes) what I consider bad politics.

as for the logical conclusion of your alls complaints, which politicians are accessible to my support who refuse yo "compromise"?

lol, I do appreciate what you're saying - it's a fresher commentary on the topic. What confuses me, honestly is the perspective taking of political commentary. When people tell me "You have to compromise!", what does that literally mean? Is that strictly about voting? I compromise everyday from the time I wakeup to when I go to sleep regarding my own life, but I have no direct participation in political decision making, so what am I being asked to compromise and why? As it relates to Biden, Bernie, Trump, all of us here are just bystanders. We're not "In the room where it happens", so...who are we compromising with? Ourselves?

Yes inasmuch that we nominate our desired politician(s) as avatars for our beliefs and values. I was adamantly anti-Biden throughout the primary and am still upset that this is where we are at in 2020, but I also know that because of the pressure put on in the primary and since he became the presumptive nominee that huge gains have been made to pull the Democratic party to the left and closer to where I am. Which is kind of the point I was trying to make about how you could feel so upset and disrespected about the compromises made from both sides of the Democratic spectrum because almost every spot on that spectrum has been represented in making said compromises. So to feel like your voice (or who you are trying to represent) hasn't been heard would have to be an incredibly small area of views. Also I am not saying "you must compromise" because you're well within your rights to feel aggrieved by that, just saying that what you appear to be stating as your issues with the compromises made toward the Biden/Harris platform seem less to do with voices and viewpoints being heard and more to do with you not wanting to compromise at all.

And you're right that none of us is ever in the room where it happens, but the common American voter has literally never had more of a chance to participate in the process. The compromise you are asked to personally make is to eventually support the candidate that comes closest to what your personal beliefs and views are because of the nature of the two-party, horse race system. American politics will almost never make you 100% happy but as long as we are working to move forward and continue to promote that which we firmly believe in, we will continue to get closer to that goal. Some of us have further to go than others based on our individual beliefs but I guess that's the nature of the game. Also that question got super existential for a second with me and that's a lot for a Thursday my dude.

not speaking directly to you, gooner, but it would be a lot easier for people to just ask me to vote for Biden, than to pressure me to stop bitching about Biden online. You dont get 1 without the other.

not speaking directly to you, gooner, but it would be a lot easier for people to just ask me to vote for Biden, than to pressure me to stop bitching about Biden online. You dont get 1 without the other.

Please vote for Biden and then literally go out and burn down a whole village for all I care

Yes inasmuch that we nominate our desired politician(s) as avatars for our beliefs and values. I was adamantly anti-Biden throughout the primary and am still upset that this is where we are at in 2020, but I also know that because of the pressure put on in the primary and since he became the presumptive nominee that huge gains have been made to pull the Democratic party to the left and closer to where I am. Which is kind of the point I was trying to make about how you could feel so upset and disrespected about the compromises made from both sides of the Democratic spectrum because almost every spot on that spectrum has been represented in making said compromises. So to feel like your voice (or who you are trying to represent) hasn't been heard would have to be an incredibly small area of views. Also I am not saying "you must compromise" because you're well within your rights to feel aggrieved by that, just saying that what you appear to be stating as your issues with the compromises made toward the Biden/Harris platform seem less to do with voices and viewpoints being heard and more to do with you not wanting to compromise at all.

And you're right that none of us is ever in the room where it happens, but the common American voter has literally never had more of a chance to participate in the process. The compromise you are asked to personally make is to eventually support the candidate that comes closest to what your personal beliefs and views are because of the nature of the two-party, horse race system. American politics will almost never make you 100% happy but as long as we are working to move forward and continue to promote that which we firmly believe in, we will continue to get closer to that goal. Some of us have further to go than others based on our individual beliefs but I guess that's the nature of the game. Also that question got super existential for a second with me and that's a lot for a Thursday my dude.

Great post per usual. Do whatever you want on here, post whatever you want. But for the love of God if you live in NC go vote for Biden in the election.

Great post, Goon.

I’m not sure if MDMH simply has ideas and doesn’t want to compromise or if he’s simply repulsed by people who don’t share his beliefs.

Big problems get solved by people coming together and sharing their ideas to turn their ideas into better ideas. The NBA bubble is one of the best executed big ideas I’ve seen to address COVID-19. I’m sure that wasn’t just the result of Adam Silver giving his ideas and telling everyone to suck it. A lot of smart professional people got together and came up with a plan and executed it.

That’s what I want from politicians.

Lol imagine Biden trying to explain what “cis” means

Remember when he was asked by some troll right wing reporter how many genders there were and he said “at least three”

I doubt Biden can discuss the intracacies of genders, intragenders and transgenders, but he’s not a great evil. He’s a big reason why government reversed its decision on same-sex marriage.

I doubt Biden can discuss the intracacies of genders, intragenders and transgenders, but he’s not a great evil. He’s a big reason why government reversed its decision on same-sex marriage.

Also he doesn’t need to be. As long as he is willing to say, “I’m not an expert on this but I have people who are and I trust what they tell me,” he’s good

Got to love 2020. “I know he stepped up in favor of same-sex marriage when it was still a political taboo but fuck that old geezer unless he names every gender.”

A Presidential nominee saying “at least three genders” is a pretty huge step forward.

All he needs to know is to respect gender identities.

Last edited:
Got to love 2020. “I know he stepped up in favor of same-sex marriage when it was still a political taboo but fuck that old geezer unless he names every gender.”

A Presidential nominee saying “at least three genders” is a pretty huge step forward.

All he needs to know is to respect gender identities.

bernie bros gonna bro

Yes I agree with all of that, just making fun of Shoo’s arguments

Anyway the senate just adjourned for a month without doing shit for anyone! Fun!

Back