• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Swofford Announces Plan to Retire as ACC Commissioner

Well, I’m at least glad it wasn’t the Clemson president.

Don't know anything about him, but I like that UNC and Duke don't automatically benefit from his hire (that's an assumption based on his resume)

Don't know anything about him, but I like that UNC and Duke don't automatically benefit from his hire (that's an assumption based on his resume)

The ACC has changed considerably since Swofford was hired. The fact that UNC was given a pass on 20+ years of academic fraud did not go unnoticed. Time to bring in a commissioner without Carolina ties and with a sense of academic integrity.

Just picking a guy with a sky high graduation rate, like Hatch did with Wellman. Has Northwestern won anything in 12 years? Expect the ACC to crash and burn like Wake did. The Nathan Hatch legacy.

Uhh, I don’t how many wins Northwestern got in basketball is reflective of his work. If you took a look at the money he’s been able to bring into the school for the athletic department, it’s astounding. Check out their football facility.

I think this hire is outstanding specifically for Wake as well. Northwestern football is ranked 15th in the latest AP poll, which I think is pretty incredible. Northwestern is the Big Ten’s Wake. It’s a private school with a undergrad enrollment under 8,500. Having someone with that experience will only be beneficial for us.

Sometimes I think people on here complain just to complain. This is better than having some UNC bitch boy who will throw every scandal under the rug.

The ACC has changed considerably since Swofford was hired. The fact that UNC was given a pass on 20+ years of academic fraud did not go unnoticed. Time to bring in a commissioner without Carolina ties and with a sense of academic integrity.

Yeah, the fact that he's accustomed to managing athletics in a private school with good academics will allow me to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Who's going to be Wake's president? That will have more impact on our experience as fans.

I thought Currie just made an “intriguing” remark on the radio show just now.

Talking about all he brings to the table and his experiences and résumé. Facility improvements, labor issues, and then nose dives directly into saying something along the lines of “previously worked in the Notre Dame athletic department, so he has a great relationship with them, WHICH IS NICE”.

I thought that statement was interesting enough to post. I also think expansion is nearly inevitable. So if we have to expand, I’d like to add one good football program instead of a bunch of Memphis’s, West Virginia’s, etc.

Guess you missed the earlier comment...can’t vouch for its validity...

“He has a connection with Bubba Cunningham. If it's good for Carolina, it's good for the conference?”

Just picking a guy with a sky high graduation rate, like Hatch did with Wellman. Has Northwestern won anything in 12 years? Expect the ACC to crash and burn like Wake did. The Nathan Hatch legacy.

They have won four Women's lax national championships since 2008. Went back to back in 2008-2009 and 2011-2012.

Back