• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson to Self Isolate During Season

So clawson will self isolate because his wife is high risk and anyone is faulting that? Can't imagine there are many. For those that are... f u.

I don't see anyone faulting Clawson for his decision. But I do wonder what the reaction would be if he took a leave of absence for this season to protect his wife rather than self-isolating and not seeing her for months.

I don’t have a dog in this fight, but I can see only one of those 3 items that I’d associate with politics.

Social leanings, for sure.

But neither party can lay claim to ethics or leadership.
We ain’t talking political party here, man. We talking Trump.

Yes, I love him like a brother but Dan Collins wrote a blog post on last season being the final one for DM and Claw. The reports of Claw leaving have been greatly exaggerated.

I voted Hillary and am undecided about 2020 but my god the moral superiority of the liberals on this board is really off putting. To just label almost half the country as racist ignorant rubes is against the very thing you are preaching.... Not to stereotype groups. I played golf with 3 Trump supporters last week, and we discussed politics. All 3 said black lives matter and wear a mask indoors. Stop trying to paint your opponent with a broad brush and maybe try listening, learning, and having some empathy towards your fellow Americans. Yeesh

Hey smug prick, GFY. Even someone who voted for Trump can appreciate Clawson as a great football coach. I could care less what his politics are. He did go to Williams college so one might assume he has a liberal bent on things, but who cares? Try exercising a little self restraint and tolerance of those with different views than your own.

oooooo were your feelings hurt? oooooooo.

I voted Hillary and am undecided about 2020 but my god the moral superiority of the liberals on this board is really off putting. To just label almost half the country as racist ignorant rubes is against the very thing you are preaching.... Not to stereotype groups. I played golf with 3 Trump supporters last week, and we discussed politics. All 3 said black lives matter and wear a mask indoors. Stop trying to paint your opponent with a broad brush and maybe try listening, learning, and having some empathy towards your fellow Americans. Yeesh

You’re undecided about 2020? What could there possibly be to left to decide?

Ok, I understand leave politics off the sports board but I’m absolutely fascinated by a person who voted Hillary in 2016 and then is undecided in 2020. Ironwill, I have so much I want to ask you.

Yes, I love him like a brother but Dan Collins wrote a blog post on last season being the final one for DM and Claw. The reports of Claw leaving have been greatly exaggerated.

Dan made the point that Clawson is a highly motivated winner who would want the opportunity to compete for a national championship — a point that most everyone would agree with. However, unless an AD really takes a flyer on Clawson, he doesn’t yet have near the record in the ACC to garner interest for a top job. Yes he will leave for the perfect opportunity — everything in his background shows that he would, but frankly it is fairly unlikely in the next few years.

If you support Trump you’re in direct opposition to Black Lives Matter. Period. And yes I know I’m just contributing to the thread derailment.

Ok, I understand leave politics off the sports board but I’m absolutely fascinated by a person who voted Hillary in 2016 and then is undecided in 2020. Ironwill, I have so much I want to ask you.

All these old white snowflakes need a safe space so they don’t get hurt feelings.

I don't see anyone faulting Clawson for his decision. But I do wonder what the reaction would be if he took a leave of absence for this season to protect his wife rather than self-isolating and not seeing her for months.

That would suck but I would understand. These are strange times. I would think he should get paid as a head coach though.

The beginning and end of this post contradict each other.

That iron will post is emblematic of every single trump supporter/voter that knows the person they are supporting/voting for is unfit for the job. They know he is a truly bad human being and in the quiet moments are asking themselves why they are not more disturbed by his behavior. The mental gymnastics to justify it just takes time. Sad.

I echo others who are fascinated in someone who voted for Hillary in 2016 but are undecided this year. That's gotta be under 5% of the total population. It may be under 1%.

Last edited:
I'd vote for Clawson for president if he ran.

Geez. Then Wake fans would always be worried about our coaches leaving to run for office.

I don’t know why anyone would support Black Lives Matter, unless you like supporting Treason, Sedition, and Insurrection!

Back