• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson to Self Isolate During Season

I could see being afraid to tell your family and friends that you are a Trump supporter, because then they would realize you are a total fucking idiot. But if you are afraid to tell an anonymous pollster who you will never meet in person that you are a Trump supporter, then you are just a coward.

I could see being afraid to tell your family and friends that you are a Trump supporter, because then they would realize you are a total fucking idiot. But if you are afraid to tell an anonymous pollster who you will never meet in person that you are a Trump supporter, then you are just a coward.

Idk man these are crazy times with crazy people. Honestly, call me a coward, but after being called a Nazi on these boards for being undecided, I would be a little nervous talking to an anonymous person on the phone not knowing their intentions.

Most elections tighten up. If it ended like the polls right now have it, it's a landslide.

I just don't see Trump's campaign of white grievances and resentments expanding his voting block, and he won by threading the needle.

Tell me a time when you have had establishment hardcore ideological members of one party in mass campaign and vote for the other guy?

I am really curious why you don't care. I just don't see how someone can't see the inherent danger of a Donald Trump running this country.

Last edited:
Idk man these are crazy times with crazy people. Honestly, call me a coward, but after being called a Nazi on these boards for being undecided, I would be a little nervous talking to an anonymous person on the phone not knowing their intentions.

There’s literally no way to be undecided if you have paid any attention to the last four years. If you have paid attention, you either love what he’s doing and want more, or realize he is a fucking destructive narcissistic baby who needs to be voted out.

So I guess you just haven’t paid any attention

Most elections tighten up. If it ended like the polls right now have it, it's a landslide.

I just don't see Trump's campaign of white grievances and resentments expanding his voting block, and he won by threading the needle.

Tell me a time when you have had establishment hardcore ideological members of one party in mass campaign and vote for the other guy?

I am really curious why you don't care. I just don't see how someone can't see the inherent danger of a Donald Trump running this country.

Thank you for the constructive dialogue Chris. I feel the economy was humming along nicely under Trump before the pandemic. I think Biden would keep the economy strong as well if he governs anything like Obama. Hence my position currently

There’s literally no way to be undecided if you have paid any attention to the last four years. If you have paid attention, you either love what he’s doing and want more, or realize he is a fucking destructive narcissistic baby who needs to be voted out.

So I guess you just haven’t paid any attention

Such condescension. Around 15 percent of the country is undecided currently fyi

No one believes you’re undecided, that’s why you’re catching shit.

If you HAVE been paying attention and you say you are undecided then it really means you are voting for Trump and are too ashamed to say it out loud.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, that thinks biden, aging rapidly or not, is in anyway comparable to trump you are a nazi or not paying attention.

Nazi was not the only option. You could also just be oblivious.

Nobody called you a Nazi.

Thank you for the constructive dialogue Chris. I feel the economy was humming along nicely under Trump before the pandemic. I think Biden would keep the economy strong as well if he governs anything like Obama. Hence my position currently

The stock market isn't the economy. We know we have a dysfunctional health care system that bankrupts hundreds of thousands of Americans every year. The Republican party has no interest in addressing this. If it can't be fixed by tax cuts and shrinking government, then its a non-starter.

Being a middle class American used to be the envy of the world. Not any more. Health care and education are both burdening middle class Americans with debt that they can never get out from under.

And even if it was, don't we have enough history to know that supporting immoral leaders just because "they make the trains run on time" isn't wise.

Last edited:
Nazi was not the only option. You could also just be oblivious.

Nobody called you a Nazi.

You didn't. Another poster did a couple pages back. Anyways that was it for politics for me on sports boards. Sorry to derail and much love to all my fellow deacs

You didn't. Another poster did a couple pages back. Anyways that was it for politics for me on sports boards. Sorry to derail and much love to all my fellow deacs

Yeah I quoted the post. So I guess oblivious is the answer

I don’t personally know how you can be undecided right now but I guess if you don’t pay much attention to politics you could be? I’d guess some of the 14 percent who said they “don’t know” in the NYT poll this week are registered voters who just aren’t going to vote. The “undecided” percentage is almost certainly single digits.

I struggle with how to respond to that line of rationale as well. My initial thought is to respond like many have on here but then I try to figure out if people like iron can be persuaded to not vote for Donald if they do jump more into the political arena. No offense intended iron, but I figure a lot of people saying the line of things you are fall into the “don’t want to say I’m actually a Donald supporter” but if there truly are undecided voters in any reasonable numbers out there the best way to pull them to a Biden vote has to be just show them comment after comment after comment that Donald has made and continues to make.

The one aggressive comment I will make is its unfathomable to me how someone can make a good faith argument that the reason they choose not to vote for Biden (if selecting between the only two candidates who can win) is they think he’s senile or not mentally there. Donald hands down tops Biden in that category in any good faith and objective analysis

The stock market isn't the economy. We know we have a dysfunctional health care system that bankrupts hundreds of thousands of Americans every year. The Republican party has no interest in addressing this. If it can't be fixed by tax cuts and shrinking government, then its a non-starter.

Being a middle class American used to be the envy of the world. Not any more. Health care and education are both burdening middle class Americans with debt that they can never get out from under.

And even if it was, don't we have enough history to know that supporting immoral leaders just because "they make the trains run on time" isn't wise.

Yeah even last week CNBC commentators who have repeatedly touted Donald’s accomplishments on the economy said both that the stock market is increasingly untethered from the health of the actual economy (example provided: stocks massively increasing when companies say they’re going under because they’re in an industry they know will be bailed out by the government) and pointed out that for the first time in a long time futures seem not to be distinguishing meaningfully between a democrat and a republican winning which is a major hit for the GOP

I don’t personally know how you can be undecided right now but I guess if you don’t pay much attention to politics you could be? I’d guess some of the 14 percent who said they “don’t know” in the NYT poll this week are registered voters who just aren’t going to vote. The “undecided” percentage is almost certainly single digits.

I struggle with how to respond to that line of rationale as well. My initial thought is to respond like many have on here but then I try to figure out if people like iron can be persuaded to not vote for Donald if they do jump more into the political arena. No offense intended iron, but I figure a lot of people saying the line of things you are fall into the “don’t want to say I’m actually a Donald supporter” but if there truly are undecided voters in any reasonable numbers out there the best way to pull them to a Biden vote has to be just show them comment after comment after comment that Donald has made and continues to make.

The one aggressive comment I will make is its unfathomable to me how someone can make a good faith argument that the reason they choose not to vote for Biden (if selecting between the only two candidates who can win) is they think he’s senile or not mentally there. Donald hands down tops Biden in that category in any good faith and objective analysis

You hit the nail on the head there with your commentary. Usually I'll browse through the daily mail app once on the morning but don't consider myself heavily into politics. I think both the Democrat and republican party are shit for the most part. As of right now I probably won't vote to come completely candid. Had the Democrats elected someone who didn't seem mentally senile like Pete buttigieg I would have voted for Pete

You hit the nail on the head there with your commentary. Usually I'll browse through the daily mail app once on the morning but don't consider myself heavily into politics. I think both the Democrat and republican party are shit for the most part. As of right now I probably won't vote to come completely candid. Had the Democrats elected someone who didn't seem mentally senile like Pete buttigieg I would have voted for Pete

Biden isn't senile. And even if he was he will surround himself with competent people who respect the rule of law.

He won't be buddies with Putin who he puts a bounty on US soldier's heads. He won't have a Roy Cohn clone as an AG.

Truth and reality will again be respected coming out of the WH.

Biden isn't senile. And even if he was he will surround himself with competent people who respect the rule of law.

He won't be buddies with Putin who he puts a bounty on US soldier's heads. He won't have a Roy Cohn clone as an AG.

Truth and reality will again be respected coming out of the WH.

Amen. I have every confidence Joe will have quality people around him so he can pull a HW if he wants. Beats the revolving investigations that DJT folks find themselves in. Undecided my ass. Put your wallet down, grow a pair and vote on principle for what is good for the whole country. I love the Lincoln Project RVAT commercial with Lindsay Graham's own words. Priceless!

Back