• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson to Self Isolate During Season

I thought this thread and whole board actually was about sports and this, thread about Dave. Please take all the political stuff elsewhere. We get enough from all the news outlets

Well to be fair it seems like we don’t since a couple people have chimes in that says they haven’t paid much attention

I anticipate a planned haggling over fluff like format, locations and moderators will develope dooming the tradition.

still too fucking dumb to figure out how basic quote functionality works, i see

I thought this thread and whole board actually was about sports and this, thread about Dave. Please take all the political stuff elsewhere. We get enough from all the news outlets

This is about Dave and sports. A pandemic shouldn’t be a political issue yet here we are. Wear a mask and wash your hands.

Usually I'll browse through the daily mail app once on the morning but don't consider myself heavily into politics.

The same Daily Mail that Wikipedia banned as a source because of "poor fact checking, sensationalism and flat-out fabrication?"

People who want to STICK TO SPROTS need to go back to TOB.

For all you folks on the thread saying All Lives Matter, you need to to reevaluate your stance...because honestly, you're more of a problem than the goose-stepping white supremacists. At least people recognize their stance is evil. But you are out here throwing out a phrase that seems innocuous, but actually just sweeps the issues under the rug while you sit back content with your all-inclusive argument. You are repeating a fallacious, bad faith argument that is killing the actual point.

Black Lives Matter isn't meant to be [Only] Black Lives Matter. It's meant to be Black Lives Matter [Too]. Your neighbors are out in the streets telling you their experience. And there's a lot to back them up. Black deaths don't make the news. Black folks get profiled and killed by police. Black folks suffer from systemic and overt racism. The point of this movement is to listen, not to throw pithy "all lives matter" rebuttals in their face. Because "all lives matter" is a rebuttal. No one was walking around pushing an All Lives Matter movement. All Lives Matter doesn't have an agenda, a call to action, or a solution. It's a response to and dismissal of Black Lives Matter. It's a conversation-ender.

Here's a metaphor. Let's say you sit down to dinner with a group of people. Everyone passes around their plates and loads up on food. When your plate gets back to you, its empty. But you can see everyone else has gotten food. You may tell the group, "hey, I should have food". Would it be acceptable for someone to respond "All people should have food?" Of course not. It's dismissive and disrespectful because they've taken your statement in bad faith. You weren't arguing against them having food, you were asking for food yourself. All Lives Matter is an equally bad faith argument. It's a pithy, seemingly-innocuous comment that redirects attention to avoid addressing an actual problem. Put another way: This comic

Give it a rest on the sports board... Sooo, any breaking news on Clawson’s decision to self isolate not covered in the last 8 pages?

Back