• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should DC hold a strike or Tax revolt?

Yeah, and Charlotte and Rock Hill, SC aren't well represented by the rest of their respective states. That's the way it goes all around the country. If you made the DC oppulation part of that delegation, they'd be beholden to that constituency.

DC residents aren’t represented at all. Charlotte and Rock Hill residents have three members of Congress.

I mean, DC has fewer people than the City of Charlotte (which also sits on a state border). If for some reason Charlotte had been left out of representation for 200+ years I wouldn't be thinking we needed a couple of senators to make things right. Get serious. I would however like to be represented by a representative in the House and like to have a vote in two senatorial elections, just like everybody else.

While we are at it, let's split Cali into 2 states.

^ I was going to edit that, but will reiterate that if DC truly wants representation they should be petitioning to be made a part of the Maryland (or Virginia) delegation because statehood is a non-starter. I completely understnad that a state might not want DC, so they should take what they can get and I think a representative is a good start.

Pointing at ND and WY and whining isn't getting you anywhere, so stop.

I'm actually with Biff of this one, I like 50. Don't want to add anymore, however we can still grant proper representation to DC and PR (if they want it). Give them some special status, allotting hem each one senator, and then add them to House 435 census bonanza.

That being said individual states are a pretty outdated idea at this point anyways. Maybe three states (TX, CA, AK) could function independently today. Every other state would be fucked it was not tied into our national economic infrastructure.

PR can have some representation, as a treat

Assuming that the round number thing is a joke, I don't understand Biff's neg arg to the proposition of DC statehood.

Yeah, and Charlotte and Rock Hill, SC aren't well represented by the rest of their respective states. That's the way it goes all around the country. If you made the DC oppulation part of that delegation, they'd be beholden to that constituency.

But you said DC was well-represented by suburban DMV?

The one benefit of making DC a state would be an obligatory statue of Marion Barry on the statehouse lawn.

How ever it works to get another red state..

And I like the idea of giving DC to Maryland.

DC has been separate from Maryland longer than Florida has been separate from Spain.

There’s no logical argument for combining them.

Back