• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should DC hold a strike or Tax revolt?

DC has been separate from Maryland longer than Florida has been separate from Spain.

There’s no logical argument for combining them.

I fully admit that logic wasn't part of the thought process. I just am not a MD fan.

are there more federal government buildings/workers in Maryland or Virginia?

In the entire state, I'd guess it would be VA, but in the immediate area. it might closer. The Pentagon alone has 24,000 employees in VA.

FWIW, the demographics of DC are changing. In 1970, DC was 71% black. As of 2018, DC was 46% black, 33% white, 14 % latino, 5% Asian.

DC provides more federal tax revenue than 23 states, and as compared to the 50 states that have two senators and voting representation in the house, DC pays the most federal tax per capita by a large margin.

Complete abomination that DC has no voting representation in Congress. The rationale behind keeping DC without a vote in the governing chambers of this country is purely racial and political bias.

Last edited:
I didn't say that. I just gave them a House rep or two and added them to Maryland. That's more representation than they've ever had before.

If you give DC two senators RJ will want to split CA up into nine states.

Texas could legally split into as many as five states.

Rather than giving black people their fair representation, Biff wants them to continue to be second class Americans.

I like the labor stoppage idea in the abstract (I'm a big proponent of direct action), and sure, you could bring the city to its knees stopping certain city services, but you'd likely mostly be punishing residents a lot harder than Congress.

Weird thing to me about DC statehood is that it's nationally unpopular, has never even hit 50% nationwide support.

Short of statehood, some earlier Band-aid proposals would even be nice, since it's such a partisan issue, just give DC a house rep and then add a safe seat GOP rep to another state for balance. That seems to be the crux of the issue for the GOP, not whether or not our tax base or population is big enough.

This was proposed some years back. One seat for DC. One more for Utah, because Utah was just under the threshold of population to get another seat.

However, there was a "poison pill" that would have required DC to rescind its strict gun law. DC said no to the deal. Of course, some years later, US Supreme Court effectively ended the DC gun law.

Rather than giving black people their fair representation, Biff wants them to continue to be second class Americans.

Fuck you old man. It's not like nobody lives in Bethesda and Prince George's County is 61% black people. If being represented in Congress is the goal it's not an impossible dream.

I want Townie to be a second class American.

And if you didn't have me on ignore like a little fucking pussy, you'd know that I advocated for representation for DC earlier in this thread, but not statehood.

Last edited:
Just combine the Carolinas so DC can be the new 50th state

NC is that "valley of despair between two mountains of conceit." So I don't see SC or VA going for that.

Hey Townie, I think you'll be a good father. Even though you're bringing a child into this world without congressional representation.

Back