• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Knights Errant Mafia Game - Day 6 Ends at 1:30 EST

You all should be glad I wasn't more active and easy to run-up since I nailed all of the remaining mafia in my last post.

huh? i'm not talking about winning just now, i could give a fuck

you don't have to banter, but reads sure would be nice! literally your only job as a vanilla is to clear yourself for endgame (see mako, since we're doing cutesie hindsight parentheticals now) and you just can't do that with 10 posts in 5 days or whatever the shit

it's just a real shitty way to play, and it literally always hurts civs

GM was just annoyed for getting run again for the same reason she always does. I like to sit back early and watch things develop and post as I have reads. Mafia shitclouds (see rsf) and should not get credit for posting nonsense.

You all should be glad I wasn't more active and easy to run-up since I nailed all of the remaining mafia in my last post.

You are far superior to your ball-and-chain at this mafia stuff, sorry that I murdered you.

huh? i'm not talking about winning just now, i could give a fuck

you don't have to banter, but reads sure would be nice! literally your only job as a vanilla is to clear yourself for endgame (see mako, since we're doing cutesie hindsight parentheticals now) and you just can't do that with 10 posts in 5 days or whatever the shit

it's just a real shitty way to play, and it literally always hurts civs

I disagree that posting a lot of nonsense is helpful to civs. Banter is fine but going by post count is a crappy way to play the game.

nobody's talking about "a lot of nonsense"

i should have gotten heat for shitclouding, yes

shitclouding is bad, yes

again, there is a middle ground

you haven't found it, but your reads are always dope. somebody with dope reads who doesn't post is super dangerous as maf, which makes them ultimately useless as a vanilla because of the question mark hanging over them in endgame

The opposite, it's all nonny types. The best was when rommy went and claimed cop d1 or something I don't really remember. They hated it

I believe it was along the lines of:

"where i play its customary for the cop to claim on D1"

I read-nailed mafia day 1, it was easy. Got lynched for it The games there are really inexpert and boring. I only played once.

GM was just annoyed for getting run again for the same reason she always does. I like to sit back early and watch things develop and post as I have reads. Mafia shitclouds (see rsf) and should not get credit for posting nonsense.

so looking at from our perspective, why would not think you’re mafia?

You are far superior to your ball-and-chain at this mafia stuff, sorry that I murdered you.

Thanks, I'll be sure to tell RW that :) When is Mrs. Gooner going to make her mafia debut?

GG mafia.

Sorry 03 for pushing you but you read non-vanilla to me. Just got unlucky I guess.

Was killing ph the right play the round 03 countered ryala?

holy shit how do you guys not get juice? He was super obvious, he's basically teh worst banterer-when-mafia that has ever played

Shoulda listened to you. You nailed him d1. I saw your read but balked because last time I played I lead a mislynch on juice

GG mafia.

Sorry 03 for pushing you but you read non-vanilla to me. Just got unlucky I guess.

Was killing ph the right play the round 03 countered ryala?

I think if we had a few more minutes we would have lynched ryala, he played it right waiting until it was late and then bad luck that wfu was looking like he was going to be run

I think if we had a few more minutes we would have lynched ryala, he played it right waiting until it was late and then bad luck that wfu was looking like he was going to be run

If WFU is anything but the cop, he dies there. But since he was and you have countered cop claims, you have to lynch elsewhere (which luckily for mafia was a civ). Really unfortunate for WFU and civs, honestly lucky perfection for mafia.

If WFU is anything but the cop, he dies there. But since he was and you have countered cop claims, you have to lynch elsewhere (which luckily for mafia was a civ). Really unfortunate for WFU and civs, honestly lucky perfection for mafia.

I was cursing ryala because I thought he played it just right. He waited until it was close enough to the deadline that he was almost certainly going to be killed and, at the same time, gave very little time for people to react and think.

I wasn’t remotely prepared to do anything because he was pretty far ahead and i wasn’t even the second leading vote getter. Manning was the only one who immediately sniffed a rat, but people (who aren’t mafia) don’t trust his reads enough to follow his lead there. I tried to give him a bit of cover without revealing but i think it just made me look more suspicious.

Had the situation been reversed and ryala called out Manning’s cop claim, I think manning would have been killed there. Regardless of how much it might not make sense to do so in any given game, player reputation matters. I think this is what QT was taking about a while back.

I don't think I get killed there even with more time, but yeah, I definitely wanted to max confusion to try to draw some reads out (and RSF had a hero read on GAT with his reaction to my claim). We knew there was a 50/50 shot at a full cop in the setup with our maf powers, so it felt worthwhile to try to see who that was. Got lucky it was the person we ran up.

But there are very few cases where civs should kill a claimed cop, I think the ph kill was fine given that the possible fake claim was pushing for a gooner/wfu03 pairing.

I was cursing ryala because I thought he played it just right. He waited until it was close enough to the deadline that he was almost certainly going to be killed and, at the same time, gave very little time for people to react and think.

I wasn’t remotely prepared to do anything because he was pretty far ahead and i wasn’t even the second leading vote getter. Manning was the only one who immediately sniffed a rat, but people (who aren’t mafia) don’t trust his reads enough to follow his lead there. I tried to give him a bit of cover without revealing but i think it just made me look more suspicious.

Had the situation been reversed and ryala called out Manning’s cop claim, I think manning would have been killed there. Regardless of how much it might not make sense to do so in any given game, player reputation matters. I think this is what QT was taking about a while back.

I don’t think it has anything to do with jhawk being the one to call him out. You don’t vote for cop claims. Maybe you should, but it doesn’t happen here, hasn’t really ever been the case. The claims always work themselves out. I was actually stunned that it took so long for there to be lovement off ryala in the first place.

I disagree that posting a lot of nonsense is helpful to civs. Banter is fine but going by post count is a crappy way to play the game.

Agree in general. Kill the quiets is dumb as a general philosophy but when you have players that hide by posting once a round, it's not good for the game. You aren't hiding and no one is saying you are. I think folks are saying throw in a "I didn't like this post" or "gooner seems off" in addition to your vote. You know I have respect for your game and I do go back and look at your reads. I re-read who you think is sketchy to see if I can see it. 2-5 posts per mafia day is plenty. We all get busy and will have a day where we are scrambling to just get a vote --- that happens. People know you can play and you tend to have some good reads. When you are providing them until you get heat, then it looks like you are trying to get out of trouble. I fully get that people pushing you w/o cause other than being quiet is part of what helps you get the reads. I don't think anyone is trying to be critical (other than maybe RSF) but to encourage you to participate a little more. Bottom line: you be you. You are good for a reason.

Agree in general. Kill the quiets is dumb as a general philosophy but when you have players that hide by posting once a round, it's not good for the game. You aren't hiding and no one is saying you are. I think folks are saying throw in a "I didn't like this post" or "gooner seems off" in addition to your vote. You know I have respect for your game and I do go back and look at your reads. I re-read who you think is sketchy to see if I can see it. 2-5 posts per mafia day is plenty. We all get busy and will have a day where we are scrambling to just get a vote --- that happens. People know you can play and you tend to have some good reads. When you are providing them until you get heat, then it looks like you are trying to get out of trouble. I fully get that people pushing you w/o cause other than being quiet is part of what helps you get the reads. I don't think anyone is trying to be critical (other than maybe RSF) but to encourage you to participate a little more. Bottom line: you be you. You are good for a reason.

46unma.jpg

Back