Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849
Results 961 to 979 of 979

Thread: Knights Errant Mafia Game - Day 6 Ends at 1:30 EST

  1. #961
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalieMom View Post
    You all should be glad I wasn't more active and easy to run-up since I nailed all of the remaining mafia in my last post.
    huh? i'm not talking about winning just now, i could give a fuck

    you don't have to banter, but reads sure would be nice! literally your only job as a vanilla is to clear yourself for endgame (see mako, since we're doing cutesie hindsight parentheticals now) and you just can't do that with 10 posts in 5 days or whatever the shit

    it's just a real shitty way to play, and it literally always hurts civs

  2. #962
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalieMom View Post
    GM was just annoyed for getting run again for the same reason she always does. I like to sit back early and watch things develop and post as I have reads. Mafia shitclouds (see rsf) and should not get credit for posting nonsense.

    You all should be glad I wasn't more active and easy to run-up since I nailed all of the remaining mafia in my last post.
    You are far superior to your ball-and-chain at this mafia stuff, sorry that I murdered you.

  3. #963
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFaithful View Post
    huh? i'm not talking about winning just now, i could give a fuck

    you don't have to banter, but reads sure would be nice! literally your only job as a vanilla is to clear yourself for endgame (see mako, since we're doing cutesie hindsight parentheticals now) and you just can't do that with 10 posts in 5 days or whatever the shit

    it's just a real shitty way to play, and it literally always hurts civs
    I disagree that posting a lot of nonsense is helpful to civs. Banter is fine but going by post count is a crappy way to play the game.

  4. #964
    nobody's talking about "a lot of nonsense"

    i should have gotten heat for shitclouding, yes

    shitclouding is bad, yes

    again, there is a middle ground

    you haven't found it, but your reads are always dope. somebody with dope reads who doesn't post is super dangerous as maf, which makes them ultimately useless as a vanilla because of the question mark hanging over them in endgame

  5. #965
    Quote Originally Posted by gouda View Post
    The opposite, it's all nonny types. The best was when rommy went and claimed cop d1 or something I don't really remember. They hated it
    I believe it was along the lines of:

    "where i play its customary for the cop to claim on D1"

  6. #966
    I read-nailed mafia day 1, it was easy. Got lynched for it The games there are really inexpert and boring. I only played once.

  7. #967
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalieMom View Post
    GM was just annoyed for getting run again for the same reason she always does. I like to sit back early and watch things develop and post as I have reads. Mafia shitclouds (see rsf) and should not get credit for posting nonsense.

    You all should be glad I wasn't more active and easy to run-up since I nailed all of the remaining mafia in my last post.
    so looking at from our perspective, why would not think youíre mafia?

  8. #968
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    You are far superior to your ball-and-chain at this mafia stuff, sorry that I murdered you.
    Thanks, I'll be sure to tell RW that When is Mrs. Gooner going to make her mafia debut?

  9. #969
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalieMom View Post
    Thanks, I'll be sure to tell RW that When is Mrs. Gooner going to make her mafia debut?
    Probably never lol, not her style

  10. #970
    GG mafia.

    Sorry 03 for pushing you but you read non-vanilla to me. Just got unlucky I guess.

    Was killing ph the right play the round 03 countered ryala?

  11. #971
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogs View Post
    holy shit how do you guys not get juice? He was super obvious, he's basically teh worst banterer-when-mafia that has ever played
    Shoulda listened to you. You nailed him d1. I saw your read but balked because last time I played I lead a mislynch on juice

  12. #972
    Quote Originally Posted by romanovKU View Post
    GG mafia.

    Sorry 03 for pushing you but you read non-vanilla to me. Just got unlucky I guess.

    Was killing ph the right play the round 03 countered ryala?
    I think if we had a few more minutes we would have lynched ryala, he played it right waiting until it was late and then bad luck that wfu was looking like he was going to be run

  13. #973
    Quote Originally Posted by gouda View Post
    I think if we had a few more minutes we would have lynched ryala, he played it right waiting until it was late and then bad luck that wfu was looking like he was going to be run
    If WFU is anything but the cop, he dies there. But since he was and you have countered cop claims, you have to lynch elsewhere (which luckily for mafia was a civ). Really unfortunate for WFU and civs, honestly lucky perfection for mafia.

  14. #974
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    If WFU is anything but the cop, he dies there. But since he was and you have countered cop claims, you have to lynch elsewhere (which luckily for mafia was a civ). Really unfortunate for WFU and civs, honestly lucky perfection for mafia.
    I was cursing ryala because I thought he played it just right. He waited until it was close enough to the deadline that he was almost certainly going to be killed and, at the same time, gave very little time for people to react and think.

    I wasnít remotely prepared to do anything because he was pretty far ahead and i wasnít even the second leading vote getter. Manning was the only one who immediately sniffed a rat, but people (who arenít mafia) donít trust his reads enough to follow his lead there. I tried to give him a bit of cover without revealing but i think it just made me look more suspicious.

    Had the situation been reversed and ryala called out Manningís cop claim, I think manning would have been killed there. Regardless of how much it might not make sense to do so in any given game, player reputation matters. I think this is what QT was taking about a while back.

  15. #975
    Quote Originally Posted by gouda View Post
    I think if we had a few more minutes we would have lynched ryala, he played it right waiting until it was late and then bad luck that wfu was looking like he was going to be run
    I don't think I get killed there even with more time, but yeah, I definitely wanted to max confusion to try to draw some reads out (and RSF had a hero read on GAT with his reaction to my claim). We knew there was a 50/50 shot at a full cop in the setup with our maf powers, so it felt worthwhile to try to see who that was. Got lucky it was the person we ran up.

    But there are very few cases where civs should kill a claimed cop, I think the ph kill was fine given that the possible fake claim was pushing for a gooner/wfu03 pairing.

  16. #976
    Quote Originally Posted by WFU03 View Post
    I was cursing ryala because I thought he played it just right. He waited until it was close enough to the deadline that he was almost certainly going to be killed and, at the same time, gave very little time for people to react and think.

    I wasnít remotely prepared to do anything because he was pretty far ahead and i wasnít even the second leading vote getter. Manning was the only one who immediately sniffed a rat, but people (who arenít mafia) donít trust his reads enough to follow his lead there. I tried to give him a bit of cover without revealing but i think it just made me look more suspicious.

    Had the situation been reversed and ryala called out Manningís cop claim, I think manning would have been killed there. Regardless of how much it might not make sense to do so in any given game, player reputation matters. I think this is what QT was taking about a while back.
    I donít think it has anything to do with jhawk being the one to call him out. You donít vote for cop claims. Maybe you should, but it doesnít happen here, hasnít really ever been the case. The claims always work themselves out. I was actually stunned that it took so long for there to be lovement off ryala in the first place.

  17. #977
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalieMom View Post
    I disagree that posting a lot of nonsense is helpful to civs. Banter is fine but going by post count is a crappy way to play the game.
    Agree in general. Kill the quiets is dumb as a general philosophy but when you have players that hide by posting once a round, it's not good for the game. You aren't hiding and no one is saying you are. I think folks are saying throw in a "I didn't like this post" or "gooner seems off" in addition to your vote. You know I have respect for your game and I do go back and look at your reads. I re-read who you think is sketchy to see if I can see it. 2-5 posts per mafia day is plenty. We all get busy and will have a day where we are scrambling to just get a vote --- that happens. People know you can play and you tend to have some good reads. When you are providing them until you get heat, then it looks like you are trying to get out of trouble. I fully get that people pushing you w/o cause other than being quiet is part of what helps you get the reads. I don't think anyone is trying to be critical (other than maybe RSF) but to encourage you to participate a little more. Bottom line: you be you. You are good for a reason.

  18. #978
    Quote Originally Posted by WhisperingEye View Post
    Agree in general. Kill the quiets is dumb as a general philosophy but when you have players that hide by posting once a round, it's not good for the game. You aren't hiding and no one is saying you are. I think folks are saying throw in a "I didn't like this post" or "gooner seems off" in addition to your vote. You know I have respect for your game and I do go back and look at your reads. I re-read who you think is sketchy to see if I can see it. 2-5 posts per mafia day is plenty. We all get busy and will have a day where we are scrambling to just get a vote --- that happens. People know you can play and you tend to have some good reads. When you are providing them until you get heat, then it looks like you are trying to get out of trouble. I fully get that people pushing you w/o cause other than being quiet is part of what helps you get the reads. I don't think anyone is trying to be critical (other than maybe RSF) but to encourage you to participate a little more. Bottom line: you be you. You are good for a reason.

  19. #979
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    You are far superior to your ball-and-chain at this mafia stuff, sorry that I murdered you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •