• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Portland, Maine

Hmmm, just checked and everyone is actually staying in Freeport. Difficult to get from there to downtown Portland by cab?

Hmmm, just checked and everyone is actually staying in Freeport. Difficult to get from there to downtown Portland by cab?

well, it's about a 25-30 min ride one way. cab's aren't terribly expensive split between all those guys. it's a straight drive down 395; very easy to get in/out. wouldn't be a terrible option.

Freeport has some restaurants and bars; nothing like portland, though.

Last edited:
I will be there in the next 6 months (don't want to get anymore specific given certain cyber stalkers) and will post full report

i intend to BLOW it out

Back bay grill is the best restaurant in Portland bar none. Central provisions is new and very good.

I've heard some real good things about Central Provisions. Will defs try and check it out when I'm up there next.

we are doing Primo but I guess that's outside of Portland

Primo is my jam. It's in Rockland. If you go uo US1 it could take as long as 2 hours depending on traffic. But it is so fucking good. Been there a number of times, most notably the day after my wedding (which was in the same town).

Bump headed up in a couple of weeks for a hybrid christmas present/birthday present/end of law school present. Any recommendations for off-season things to do? Very interested in restaurants and breweries. We may end up driving around a bit after we checkout on Sunday since we've never been to Maine before. Worth driving up the coast a bit from Portland?

Bump headed up in a couple of weeks for a hybrid christmas present/birthday present/end of law school present. Any recommendations for off-season things to do? Very interested in restaurants and breweries. We may end up driving around a bit after we checkout on Sunday since we've never been to Maine before. Worth driving up the coast a bit from Portland?

During the winter months there isn't a ton of stuff going on up on the coast, but it's still pretty. I love sitting on the rocks at Pemaquid, even in the winter. It's a little over an hour north. But depending how long you are there, I'd probs just stick around Portland. Plenty there to fill a weekend.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. We're staying at a bed and breakfast and I'm amped about it. Let me know if you have any must-dos for the area!

Yeah that's what I was thinking. We're staying at a bed and breakfast and I'm amped about it. Let me know if you have any must-dos for the area!

Was up there for a long weekend in Sept 2014. I really liked going to Freeport for a half day and checking out some of the shops, especially the LL Bean shops. I was in the market for some outdoor gear though, so shopping held my interest. YMMV.

Also in that area was Maine Brewing Company. I didn't get to stop in, but I hear great things.

Had lunch at Duck Fat and we liked it, and this place which is near duck fat: http://www.micuccigrocery.com/ had some AMAZING pizza at a little counter in the back of the store.

Have a great time - I'd love to go back to Portland again and spend more time exploring the city and surrounding areas.

Back