• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Portland, Maine

captruss24

Did I mention I'm a South Carolina fan? You know,
Reaction score
We are flying in Wednesday night and looking for any unique dinner & hotel recommendations. Only staying one night and would like to explore downtown Portland. Thinking about rolling the dice on Priceline and booking the room on the fly. On our way out of town Thursday we are going to eat lunch at Duck Fat or Nosh Kitchen Bar.

*edit* hoping that the hotel suggestions below are available on Priceline. All they have are 3* in western Portland and southern Portland.

Last edited:
Picard_full_of_win.jpg

Stay at the Armory Hotel downtown, it's right down down and everything is walkable from here.

Eat dinner at Cinque Terre (Italian), Fore Street (Steaks/Meats), Hugo's (expensive but interesting), Bar Lola (unique multi-course/small dishes) or Street & Co (seafood)

/thread

*I don't know what your budget is but for a one off night I'd splurge so that's what my recs have in minde

Last edited:
Fore Street is one of my favorite places. five fifty-five is also great. We always stay at the Portland Harbor Hotel.

Fore Street is really good. Portland restaurants in general are awesome. Their worst restaurant is better than Winston's best. J's oyster is a fun place to stop by in the afternoon for a couple beers and some oysters. For after dinner fun check out Novare Res. It's a beer bar with one of the biggest and most diverse selections I've ever seen. Enjoy Portland, it's a great city.

Stay at the Armory Hotel downtown, it's right down down and everything is walkable from here.

Eat dinner at Cinque Terre (Italian), Fore Street (Steaks/Meats), Hugo's (expensive but interesting), Bar Lola (unique multi-course/small dishes) or Street & Co (seafood)

/thread

*I don't know what your budget is but for a one off night I'd splurge so that's what my recs have in minde

per my bro,

"Hugo's and some place with numbers for a name"

I just got back from Portland.....awesome city, and old as fuck....pretty amazing.

Stayed at the holiday inn, and was able to walk all over downtown. Ate at Cinque Terre and it was delicious. Had cocktails at Ri Ra, which is a cool little Irish pub. Breakfast the next morning at Main St eats. They have pretty bomb breakfast wraps......if cost isn't an issue, the hilton garden inn is dead center.....

I just got back from Portland.....awesome city, and old as fuck....pretty amazing.

Stayed at the holiday inn, and was able to walk all over downtown. Ate at Cinque Terre and it was delicious. Had cocktails at Ri Ra, which is a cool little Irish pub. Breakfast the next morning at Main St eats. They have pretty bomb breakfast wraps......if cost isn't an issue, the hilton garden inn is dead center.....

Ri Ra has the weirdest fucking distribution of locations. Atlanta, Charlotte, Arlington, Providence, Bethesda, Portland, Burlington, Portsmouth :confused:

Heading to Portland this weekend for a wedding. What are some good bars to go to Friday night? Anyone know a good spot to watch the soccer matches on Saturday (other than Ri Ra)?

Bull Feeney's is a pretty fun pub. Lots of beers, tons of scotches on the menu. Would be good bet for a soccer match.

Heart of downtown.

Bull Feeney's is a pretty fun pub. Lots of beers, tons of scotches on the menu. Would be good bet for a soccer match.

Heart of downtown.

Yelp says they open at 11:30, I'll call to see if they open earlier for soccer matches. Any suggestions on Friday night food/bars? Not looking for anything too fancy/expensive, we will have a group of about 10.

Shouldn't Bull Feeney's have a wide range of Irish whiskeys?

Gritty McDuff's

probably the best bet for what you're looking for, actually. i didn't realize the game was earlier. McDuff's is more corporate backed/food oriented faux pub. Feeney's is more real-pub. Otherwise walking around downtown you'll spot some other places.

yes, Feeney's also has lots of irish whiskey's

Back