• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Travel Restrictions

DeacsPop

Resident Old Man
Reaction score
Unfortunately my Mom is under hospice care and I need to fly to New York (LGA) from Charlotte to see her.
Anyone know how strict they are with the 14 day quarantine requirement In NY and will the airlines book a 2-3 day round trip? If I one could get an exception does anyone know the process? I guess I could drive to Richmond and fly out of there.
Or should I just not worry about it?
Thanks.

Unfortunately my Mom is under hospice care and I need to fly to New York (LGA) from Charlotte to see her.
Anyone know how strict they are with the 14 day quarantine requirement In NY and will the airlines book a 2-3 day round trip? If I one could get an exception does anyone know the process? I guess I could drive to Richmond and fly out of there.
Or should I just not worry about it?
Thanks.

Roanoke and Lynchburg are also options for you. Somewhat closer than Richmond and flight times are probably comparable.

Last edited:
If you are going to drive all the way to Richmond, you might as well drive to NYC. Richmond used to be about four hours from Philly and it's about another two hours to NYC.

get a test and bring the results, right?

If you're willing to drive to Richmond, why not just drive to NYC?

There shouldn't be a lot of traffic if you decide to drive.

Hope she is comfortable...

Check the various state web sites. NJ/NY both request voluntary quarantine for people from eight states. No matter what form of transportation. Read the rules. Comply as best you can. See your mom.

Another option would be to book two one-way trips on different airlines. May cost more. I doubt airlines cross check.

Sorry to hear you mom isn't doing well.

I'd get tested and self isolate before you go. Do everything you can to not take a sick you to NY.

Back