• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Frank Howard has to go at Clemson!

DeacDoug

Reaction score
Although Coach Howard was quite an entertaining fellow, he was the George Wallace of football coaches. Clemson can call it "Danny Ford" rock, but he may have been a racist too.

Although Coach Howard was quite an entertaining fellow, he was the George Wallace of football coaches. Clemson can call it "Danny Ford" rock, but he may have been a racist too.

Oh my, a racist.....fancy that, and in South Carolina too. Is it a crime to be a racist?

I mean the answer is yes, yes it is a crime to be a racist in certain situations, in fact made so right before that date in your name.

Howard was a close buddy of Wake’s coach. Their families even vacationed together.
Just sayin’.

Howard was a close buddy of Wake’s coach. Their families even vacationed together.
Just sayin’.
I'm guessing you are referring to Peahead Walker. Do we have anything named after him?

"is it a crime to be racist"

consciousness-709143-400x300.jpg

Don't GAF about Frank Howard. Fine with me if his name is deleted from Clemson history, but how far does this go?

The following US Presidents owned slaves:

George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
Andrew Jackson
Martin Van Buren
William Henry Harrison
John Tyler
James K Polk
Zachary Taylor
Andrew Johnson

Even US Grant owned a slave for two years (he freed that slave in 1859). So, are we going to change the name of the nation's capital? Are we going to take Washington and Jefferson off Mount Rushmore? Is JMU going to change its name? Andrew Jackson getting taken off the $20 bill? Is that the next step?

Also, it doesn't take a lot of digging to find patently racist positions by historical figures (e.g., Woodrow Wilson). Should all public references (e.g., schools, libraries, museums, street names, city names) be changed for all those that took positions that are abjectly racist in retrospect?

Last edited:
Don't GAF about Frank Howard. Fine with me if his name is deleted from Clemson history, but how far does this go?

George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
Andrew Jackson
Martin Van Buren
William Henry Harrison
John Tyler
James K Polk
Zachary Taylor
Andrew Johnson

Even US Grant owned a slave for two years (he freed that slave in 1859). So, are we going to change the name of the nation's capital? Are we going to take Washington and Jefferson off Mount Rushmore? Is JMU going to change its name? Andrew Jackson getting taken off the $20 bill? Is that the next step?

Also, it doesn't take a lot of digging to find patently racist positions by historical figures (e.g., Woodrow Wilson). Should all public references (e.g., schools, libraries, museums, street names, city names) be changed for all those that took positions that are abjectly racists in retrospect?

Yes. That's what "they" want.

Princeton is removing Woodrow Wilson's name from its public policy school.

If anybody wants to send me their Washington, Lincoln ("they" want to tear down a paternalistic statue of him), Hamilton (was in on the Constitution and didn't give DC statehood), Jackson, or Grant money because of their objections, just let me know.

George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
Andrew Jackson
Martin Van Buren
William Henry Harrison
John Tyler
James K Polk
Zachary Taylor
Andrew Johnson

Also, it doesn't take a lot of digging to find patently racist positions by historical figures (e.g., Woodrow Wilson). Should all public references (e.g., schools, libraries, museums, street names, city names) be changed for all those that took positions that are abjectly racist in retrospect?

Wilson was a known racist, for which poor Davidson has debated more than once.

In response to your question, in a word, yes, including me.

Andrew Jackson getting taken off the $20 bill? Is that the next step?

ummm. That's actually a thing.

Also, hell yeah change the names of shit. Why not? Why should we keep stuff named after slave owners? Just because that's what they've always been called?

ummm. That's actually a thing.

Also, hell yeah change the names of shit. Why not? Why should we keep stuff named after slave owners? Just because that's what they've always been called?

Well I just say we ban movies and books that you dont agree with we can be NAZI Germany in 1933 why dont we just have a good ole book burning.............

Well I just say we ban movies and books that you dont agree with we can be NAZI Germany in 1933 why dont we just have a good ole book burning.............

There is a difference between removing glorification of an individual and attempting to remove all traces. People's accomplishments and achievements can more properly be balanced with their warts and flaws through history books. Tough to do with a statue or named building.

Soooooooo lets just put everyones name you dont like on a urinal block so you can pisss on it would that make you happy. I think not. And you did not address banning movies and books give me list of what you think should be banned burned shit on..................

Back