• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

All Time Triad HS MBB Stars

tagsfan

Reaction score
I've been pondering who are the Top 5 players from high schools in the Triad. So far, I have CP3, Josh Howard, Rusty, CJ Harris, and DFL Manning. Who else is worthy of consideration, based on their college careers?

alamance may be too far geographically, but JamesOn Curry was a great HS player

Greensboro's Bob McAdoo

More recently, Bam Adebayo went to HS in High Point.

Old school Happy Hairston (W-S). 10 year NBA career. Teammate of Wilt Chamberlain w/ the Lakers.

Coached against PJ Hairston before he went to Hargrave. He was filthy.

Guys from North Forsyth:

David Carlyle (1985, Old Dominion, Wake Forest)
Brian Howard (1986, N.C. State)
Jeff Denny (1986, North Carolina)
Mike Drum (2002, Presbyterian, Wake Forest)

Oh man, Lou Hudson went to Dudley. Went to Minnesota and was the #4 pick overall in the NBA draft. 6-time All-Star. Number retired by the Gophers and the Hawks.

Reynolds' Othello Hunter. Part of the "Thad Five" that went to the NC game. Played very briefly in the NBA and extensively in Europe.

If Howard West didn’t recruit them, do they even deserve a mention?

Coach West once told me that I would never make one his teams! Maybe he was right, but we beat them more often than not. D-bag

Brendan Haywood

Bryant Feggins

I had to guard Feggins at their place my Jr year, and Very early on I gave him a lot of room as I was afraid he was gonna take me inside for some abuse, but he promptly took that space to drain a 3. I got wore out the whole game! He and Kevin Thompson (I think) made a nice tandem.

Back