• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this Moraine Lake? I've canoed there if so.

Also, Biff is right about tubing on the New, but I'd go further north to Scottsville instead of Todd. Go to New River Outfitters. I used to work there summers when I first started teaching. Beautiful stretch of river.

Scottville is up close to the New River State Park - great area. The river around Todd is still a little small and can be shallow, depending on the recent rain status - but the area is pretty remote and beautiful as well. The River Girl outfit in Todd does a great job with fishing tours and the like - not sure if they do tubing as well. The New is great for smallmouth.

Ok sea life aficionados. What did I just brush up against in the surf that was at least a foot and a half tall. Can’t have been a shark because it was too smooth and I don’t have any abrasions from the denticles. Didn’t see it, but when I brushed against it it went from at least my ankle to above my knee and then disappeared.

80% chance it was a stingray flapping his fin against you.

Cleaners came today. Best 2 days a month. I just want to sit here and not touch anything.

Cleaners came today. Best 2 days a month. I just want to sit here and not touch anything.

Ours came yesterday. Same exact feeling.

Super first world problem, but it’s really hard to work with them here.

Like a cleaning service at home? My wife makes us clean like crazy before our cleaning lady comes. It's not ideal.

need to upgrade the home gym, which is in a section of basement on a concrete floor.

what's the best rubberized floor to get? I don't need to drop barbells from height but if I don't want to tear it up after deadlifts.

also, how much will I need to spend on a quality squat rack?

need to upgrade the home gym, which is in a section of basement on a concrete floor.

what's the best rubberized floor to get? I don't need to drop barbells from height but if I don't want to tear it up after deadlifts.

Talk to ATS. He has a pimp setup.

We just replaced the mats in our weight room at school, but we buy large quantities so it probably isn't applicable for you.

I’m assuming you already have the weights and aren’t getting bumper plates?

We are looking at upgrading a garage gym but everything is sold out currently.

Wonder if danthebuilder is bobknightfan

We got 4x6 horse stall mats from Tractor Supply Co.

They aren’t so exact that they fit together perfectly, but they are perfect for what you describe. Not crazy expensive, but super heavy and durable. You could probably slice them up a bit to make exact.

Our gym is just basement concrete floor underneath, but we used some sort of epoxy to make it black.

Our rack is from Rogue Fitness. I’m sure you could do cheaper, but their stuff is great.

076d97ea5fa1b685cad6271cf9cd8cb4.jpg

Picture probably helpful. Shows the mats and the floor. Maybe not the best angle.

Ours came yesterday. Same exact feeling.

Super first world problem, but it’s really hard to work with them here.

Yeah it’s been interesting to navigate for sure. We have to send our dogs to daycare those days as well so there’s always a bunch of stuff going on. Still worth the effort.

076d97ea5fa1b685cad6271cf9cd8cb4.jpg

Picture probably helpful. Shows the mats and the floor. Maybe not the best angle.

Where’s your “hang in there, buddy” poster with the kitten on the tree limb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back