• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conner, mafia will give meaning to your existence. Join us.

I've tried that and it doesn't work. When I've tried that, they get louder.

Maybe threads wouldn't explode into ones you say are about me if others didn't attack and bring me into threads I hadn't joined

I've offered to make peace with everyone who wants to, but none of them will even consider it. How is that on me?

I'm willing to make this happen. Why can't you ask others to join with me?

The issues could end TODAY. Why won't they try?

Please answer 03.

What I describe is unilateral and does not depend on any other poster. If you decide to disengage and deescalate, that does not require the agreement of anyone else.

To address in order:
-Who cares if they get louder. Ignore them. Eventually they will stop or everyone will make them stop because everyone will be sick of it.
-There doesn't need to be any peace treaty. Y'all aren't countries as war. Just ignore them.
-This has nothing to do with anyone else. Just decide on your own.
-Again, they don't matter. If you want issues to end today, you can unilaterally decide to make them end.

A super simple rule of thumb is possible. If someone disagrees with you in a way that you attacks you as a person and not just your ideas, don't respond and move on.

Most of us couldn't care less about "you" or "them" or these attacks. We just wish we could have a board without having to ever think about this again. If you want to make it happen, you can do so and still post here.

What I describe is unilateral and does not depend on any other poster. If you decide to disengage and deescalate, that does not require the agreement of anyone else.

To address in order:
-Who cares if they get louder. Ignore them. Eventually they will stop or everyone will make them stop because everyone will be sick of it.
-There doesn't need to be any peace treaty. Y'all aren't countries as war. Just ignore them.
-This has nothing to do with anyone else. Just decide on your own.
-Again, they don't matter. If you want issues to end today, you can unilaterally decide to make them end.

A super simple rule of thumb is possible. If someone disagrees with you in a way that you attacks you as a person and not just your ideas, don't respond and move on.

Most of us couldn't care less about "you" or "them" or these attacks. We just wish we could have a board without having to ever think about this again. If you want to make it happen, you can do so and still post here.

If was just disagreeing or just one or two or five people, I wouldn't have an issue. But if it's unilateral, what's guaranteed is they will get louder, more personal and more obnoxious and no one will say anything to them. Virtually no one ever has.

This has been proven during my previous hiatus. I was attacked every day. Even though they knew I wouldn't post.

It will never end if I'm the only one participating. I wish it would, but it's been proven it won't.

If was just disagreeing or just one or two or five people, I wouldn't have an issue. But if it's unilateral, what's guaranteed is they will get louder, more personal and more obnoxious and no one will say anything to them. Virtually no one ever has.

This has been proven during my previous hiatus. I was attacked every day. Even though they knew I wouldn't post.

It will never end if I'm the only one participating. I wish it would, but it's been proven it won't.

I believe you are wrong because making fun of someone who never responds gets boring and old. Give it long enough and people will stop. It's only funny to people because you get so worked up about it. If you didn't care, it's no longer funny. Again, this is in your control.

If you really want to make a good faith effort, go 6 months without responding to anything that you consider a personal attack. If you're in an argument on the tunnels or the sports board and you feel like someone has crossed a line, just stop responding to that person. I guarantee you that the boards will be better as a whole and you will like them better as well.

I would like you to stay, but if something doesn't change, it seems like there might be a good chance you just get banned. At this point, it's kind of like reddit banning the trump forum. It just seems like it's bad for business if too many threads get taken over with the same fights. And, if you're a mod, is it easier to ban one person or to bad a group of people? It sure seems like banning one and seeing how it goes is the easier route.

Again, you control how you respond (or don't) to anything. No one can force you to post in a thread or engage with a poster. Just choose to do it differently.

our board observes the traditional Japanese aesthetic acceptance of imperfect things

unless it's ugly posts that use another poster's heritage against them

the 7th iteration of ogb is old gold and black boards 2

it's not complicated guys

So, it's open season on me. What a great solution!

You're very big about making me live with hundreds of attacks a day just to see if I can be provoked.

How about this, if I take that route, those who start the unresponsed attacks will be banned immediately?

The old place was allegedly over moderated, this supposedly one not enough.

Now we're going for "just right"...?

ogboards2 is still open btw. any ogboards 1 user can request access

So, it's open season on me. What a great solution!

You're very big about making me live with hundreds of attacks a day just to see if I can be provoked.

How about this, if I take that route, those who start the unresponsed attacks will be banned immediately?

Fuck you. Leave.

I believe you are wrong because making fun of someone who never responds gets boring and old. Give it long enough and people will stop. It's only funny to people because you get so worked up about it. If you didn't care, it's no longer funny. Again, this is in your control.

If you really want to make a good faith effort, go 6 months without responding to anything that you consider a personal attack. If you're in an argument on the tunnels or the sports board and you feel like someone has crossed a line, just stop responding to that person. I guarantee you that the boards will be better as a whole and you will like them better as well.

I would like you to stay, but if something doesn't change, it seems like there might be a good chance you just get banned. At this point, it's kind of like reddit banning the trump forum. It just seems like it's bad for business if too many threads get taken over with the same fights. And, if you're a mod, is it easier to ban one person or to bad a group of people? It sure seems like banning one and seeing how it goes is the easier route.

Again, you control how you respond (or don't) to anything. No one can force you to post in a thread or engage with a poster. Just choose to do it differently.

This post has more characters than your last 7 mafia games combined.

RJ doesn’t have good faith efforts at all, he is the fucking problem. Just look, Ph has him on ignore and doesn’t engage him and he just talked shit about Ph from something years ago. He has a psychological condition where everything is a slight and there is no changing that. Usual suspect will constantly morph to any poster that engages him unless you walk on eggshells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back