• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the greatest deal in sports history.

There was another funny deal with them. Marvin "Bad News Barnes" was drafted by the Sixers and the Spirit. He told Sixers ownership that he'd rather work in a factory if they wouldn't give him $1,000,000 per year. The Sixers owner mailed him a hard hat and lunch pail as a response.

I’d laugh very hard if 2&2 just deleted the whole thread

What is the thread that one should be paying attention to?

So in the past few months, we've gotten rid of tags and now a few more high-volume posters are gone for good.

What's the next thing we can do to make this place more of a ghost town?

Perma-ban bets are so dumb.

I'd take bkf back in a heartbeat just for the sheer entertainment.

Maybe this chat thread will be done by Thanksgiving.

So in the past few months, we've gotten rid of tags and now a few more high-volume posters are gone for good.

What's the next thing we can do to make this place more of a ghost town?

Perma-ban bets are so dumb.

I'd take bkf back in a heartbeat just for the sheer entertainment.

Maybe this chat thread will be done by Thanksgiving.

Nailed it

The posters didn't leave because of tags. They made their reason for leaving pretty clear.

Add in no sports and what’s the point, to read through the unhinged postings of a 70 year old on every thread, read something from 2&2 reminding you why you deleted Facebook

Add a couple more names to the lengthening list of quality posters run off. There used to be several other quality politics board posters but they got frustrated outta here.

It's a fucking joke. Someone asked me the other day what rj would do when all of the "usual suspects" leave, and that's just it. He'll simply create more. It's not like townie/strick/et al were the first wave to have a problem with him. They sure as shit won't be the last.

When this many people have a problem with someone, it probably isn't on those people.

Ban the old fucker and move on.

The tOSU board I frequent has a feature where you can upvote/downvote posts. Seems like a lot of boards have this, actually. If a single post receives enough downvotes, it gets greyed out - difficult to read and easily identifiable as a shitpost. If a poster gets achieves enough net downvotes, they can't start their own threads. If they get enough more net downvotes, they're banned.

Definitely imperfect, but seemingly pretty good way of allowing the community to police itself. I think in ~5 years, I've seen 4-5 people, mostly trolls from other fanbases, achieve the permanent ban. Not sure if it would work here, but it's certainly a much more positive/friendly place. And they're a bunch of Ohio mouth breathers...

So Lori Loughlin is going to jail to get her kid into what will be an online college this fall. LOL.

When RJ gets in a tight spot, he double or triples his posting rate. Fucking manic.

I'm probably going to cut back to lurking for awhile too. There's really not much going on with Wake sports right now. CFB is 50/50. And I'm tired of posting on a board with RJ. Y'all are cool; RJ just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back