• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got excited when I saw MY CT moving along nicely. Only to find it's 2+ pages of music I've never heard of, yet again. Perhaps I need to expand my horizons.

Ordered some sweet frisbee golf discs from Amazon the other day that just came in. Gonna go play this evening if rain holds off. Feel like there's not a big cross-over between regular golfers and disc golfers, but both are awesome IMHO. Course by my house is short/too easy though.

i took the rest of the week off because covid fucked all my PTO plans and i have a literal month left to take

i got real strong right before i went to bed last night and then tried to do a sudoku for some reason, ended up getting stuck and rage quitting it. went back to it when i woke up and took me like 5 minutes

i think teenage me would be real pissed off if he knew 30 year old me's first impulse after getting stoned was to do a sudoku

do you actually prefer the crass version? I actually prefer the pretentious version

i did end up having a dream where i was inside the sudoku though, that was trippy

cookout what advice do you have for a first time frisbee/disc golfer?

It's disc golf, you rubes

giphy.gif

cookout what advice do you have for a first time frisbee/disc golfer?

1) don't call it frisbee golf out on the course ever, or you'll get laughed straight off it (there is ultimate frisbee, played with a much larger and less-distance-traveling frisbee, and there is disc golf, which you should play with proper discs that are much smaller and can go much further)
2) get a few different drivers, go to an open field and just practice.. watch some youtube vids on proper form for throwing a disc, it is MUCH different than frisbee hucking
3) focus on improving both your backhand shot for a solid right to left drive, and your forehand for a solid left to right drive.. get those down and its just a matter of improving your putting and approach game
4) avoid taking unnecessary risks if you're in trouble, always go with a safer layup vs trying to huck ur way out of a bad situation in heavy cover
5) learn the tomahawk throw, underrated throw for noobies to know, especially on wooded courses

i'm glad you picked up on my post's polysemy, rsf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back