• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
11 times seems like a lot of disc golf, are they 9 or 18 holes?

Hitting the chains on a 50+ foot shot in DISC golf is an absurdly rewarding feeling. Doesn't happen often, but highly recommend.

Feels like knocking in a pitch or shot from the fairway in real golf, which obviously is much harder/happens way less

had a meeting sorry i missed a lot after sparking a conversation here's an alternate spelling of yr

o/u at 10.5 lol, I'm probably closer to o/u at like 200 (maybe more)

I played a ton in college, UNC has (had? I have no idea what it is like) a fantastic 18 hole course, and we'd play pretty much every day (sometimes multiple rounds in a day), and then after college I had a friend who was obsessed and asked me to play a lot with him around the charlotte area when I was still living down there

we have a small course right where I live now that's 6 holes with 3 different tee locations for each.. but it's not well mantained/has poison ivy all over the place so I don't play it very often.. I am not as good as I used to be back in the day (since the accident), a good disc golf course will have 18 holes and a solid mix of par 5/4/3 holes

Hitting the chains on a 50+ foot shot in DISC golf is an absurdly rewarding feeling. Doesn't happen often, but highly recommend.

Feels like knocking in a pitch or shot from the fairway in real golf, which obviously is much harder/happens way less

yeah, your first hole in one on a 200-300 foot hole is something you'll never forget

there used to be a small course by polo hall at wake when i lived there but it was gone by the time i graduated (when they were starting construction on the new dorms there)

i never tried playing on it, but i had some friends who did

people who've played a lot of good courses shit on horizon park but it's really fun for first timerz and ez as a place to drink beer while u play or strength train on the front nine like around hole 6 or so there's a place you can go back behind the hole into some woods and you're still off the hiking trails but it's shaded and you can hang there for a bit and use ur disc to roll one for good vibes on the back nine

Pretty sure there was a course that weaved through a big part of the campus when I was there ('10 grad). Used to see people playing, but never did.

people who've played a lot of good courses shit on horizon park but it's really fun for first timerz and ez as a place to drink beer while u play or strength train on the front nine like around hole 6 or so there's a place you can go back behind the hole into some woods and you're still off the hiking trails but it's shaded and you can hang there for a bit and use ur disc to roll one for good vibes on the back nine

it's ez, but that's not always a bad thing, fun to play (and way less frustrating if you're getting vibed up, like you said, you're not often spending 10 minutes looking for a disc after a shot goes awry), iirc I just didn't like the quality of the baskets

Pretty sure there was a course that weaved through a big part of the campus when I was there ('10 grad). Used to see people playing, but never did.

yeah, I never played the wfu "course".. I feel like it was only 9 holes maybe? definitely wasn't well defined either with tee pads/etc right?

wfu course was fun but hard to tell where holes began yea i liked the hole behind scales where you sorta had to go around teh building

sorry another meeting time time about "parking lots"

Better than a 9/11 never forget

Where are the good charlotte disc golf courses? I feel like I could get my teenagers to do this with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back