• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is "they took all the trees put them in a tree museum" one of the worst 200 lines in American pop music

is "they took all the trees put them in a tree museum" one of the worst 200 lines in American pop music

if jenn pelly had been alive in the 70s she'd have written 2000 words about how that line transcends american songwriting as we know it

I really cut my teeth learning disc golf playing Reedy Creek and Sugaw, with some Hornets Nest thrown in, and then when you really want to have a grueling day go play Rennaisance Gold (if you're in the Charlotte area, which I feel like you might be tiger?).

Reedy creek isn't a super long course, but requires a variety of different shots to get a good score, so that's why I really liked it. Sugaw tougher but has some open "let it rip" holes too.

Better than a 9/11 never forget

Where are the good charlotte disc golf courses? I feel like I could get my teenagers to do this with me

lol was writing my last post before I even saw this..

there are probably a lot more to choose from now, but I gotta imagine Reedy Creek would still be at the top of my list.. I remember it having good clear markings and hole maps on the teepads/etc.

it's a garden joni

you're singing about a garden

i just double checked to make sure that Pelly name-checked Joni Mitchell in her NFR! review and yeah, sure enough, she did it *twice*

The languor of Mazzy Star and downbeat skitter of Portishead meet the easy pop-rock breeze of Carole King on 1971’s Tapestry, or the searching resilience of Joni Mitchell on 1972’s For the Roses.

The title of Norman Fucking Rockwell!’s grand finale is itself a doomy 16-word poem called “Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it.” Whatever it was that brought Joni Mitchell and Leonard Cohen together half a century ago, that middle ground is in the solemn mood, hollowed space, and spiritual fortitude of this haunting song.

Last edited:
I really cut my teeth learning disc golf playing Reedy Creek and Sugaw, with some Hornets Nest thrown in, and then when you really want to have a grueling day go play Rennaisance Gold (if you're in the Charlotte area, which I feel like you might be tiger?).

Reedy creek isn't a super long course, but requires a variety of different shots to get a good score, so that's why I really liked it. Sugaw tougher but has some open "let it rip" holes too.

Renaissance Gold is hard AF. Used to be able to walk there from my old office. One guy would shoot like 4-5+ under par playing it. I never came close to par back then.

There's one in Madison Park across from Pinewood Elementary that really only has one hole that shouldn't be a relatively easy 2. That's my go to because it's so close. Need to try some tougher courses.

I have been playing disc golf for well over 2 decades. I am also not a small or weak person. But I still have trouble consistently driving 300 feet. There are preteen girls that throw farther than me. It’s infuriating.

Played some real expensive golf this morning, I was not any better than usual. Probably be better at disc golf seems pretty simple.

Renaissance Gold is hard AF. Used to be able to walk there from my old office. One guy would shoot like 4-5+ under par playing it. I never came close to par back then.

There's one in Madison Park across from Pinewood Elementary that really only has one hole that shouldn't be a relatively easy 2. That's my go to because it's so close. Need to try some tougher courses.

DeacHoops used to live over there. No idea if she still does.

Played some real expensive golf this morning, I was not any better than usual. Probably be better at disc golf seems pretty simple.

Greens fees or gambling ?

I never play for more than $10 a hole and I have to be goaded into doing that. I know I'm capable of losing $100 even when I'm getting strokes. Not to mention those damn $4 golf balls.

Both were expensive but thankfully I wasn’t paying the greens fees, the gambling was the problem which came about from late night drinking and bragging. With the storms the wind this morning did me no favors as my hook game was in full force.

My good drives are about 260-270 now, but I'll routinely hit it 235+ (which sucks). I"m in a little bit of a bad place with my swing right now from hurtingmy back in march and things got very steep. I'm in the process of trying to flatten it back out now and come around my body more without as much of a backswing and the results have been middling, but it's the right thing to do. My great ones are an extra 20 yards or so. I used to roll one 300 yards occasionally when I was younger and played with less advanced equipment but had better hand eye coordination. If I could hit 255 in the fairway everytime, I'd take it in a heartbeat. I don't really have a driver distance from the range though. Those are just the distances on the driving holes I play and are influenced positively and negatively by hills.

DeacHoops used to live over there. No idea if she still does.

Love Madison Park - though prices are getting pretty silly for small renovated ranches on small lots. More tear-downs coming soon I'm sure. Will be sad to move. The Park Road Shopping Center area is great since the redid everything and added the back lot.

Appraisal came back well above purchase price/reno budget for the new place near South Park, so that's exciting.

Just received word that I've been selected for antibody testing through the WFBH study. So far this year I've also defied the odds to become a Nielsen family and participated in presidential election polling on the telephone. Suffice it to say 2020 has been a great year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back