• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been playing disc golf for well over 2 decades. I am also not a small or weak person. But I still have trouble consistently driving 300 feet. There are preteen girls that throw farther than me. It’s infuriating.

I feel like your strength/mass can work against you w/ disc golf throwing, all the dudes I know that can rip it usually are lanky af.

I wanna learn how to play real golf at some point, but I have no idea the best way to get into it this late in life.. feels like a massive time investment might be needed to get even halfway decent.

I feel like your strength/mass can work against you w/ disc golf throwing, all the dudes I know that can rip it usually are lanky af.

True. My boy that’s 6’5 and 170 and benches a wet dish towel can fucking crush it.

I wanna learn how to play real golf at some point, but I have no idea the best way to get into it this late in life.. feels like a massive time investment might be needed to get even halfway decent.

Are you athletic? Good hand-eye? That will be the biggest thing. I've seen former baseball/hockey (HS/college level) players be able to break 80 in like 2-3 years which is very impressive.

If/when you start, first work on putting, chipping, pitching, and then work your way out from there. Those are typically free to practice, as well. Too many beginners just want to pay $9 for buckets of balls and then spend 50% of their time swinging as hard as they can at a driver, which you hit 10-12 times per round, max.

I feel like I need to clarify that I’m not good at golf and also go verify that I hit my irons as far as I think I do.

Are you athletic? Good hand-eye? That will be the biggest thing. I've seen former baseball/hockey (HS/college level) players be able to break 80 in like 2-3 years which is very impressive.

If/when you start, first work on putting, chipping, pitching, and then work your way out from there. Those are typically free to practice, as well. Too many beginners just want to pay $9 for buckets of balls and then spend 50% of their time swinging as hard as they can at a driver, which you hit 10-12 times per round, max.

I'm not terribly unathletic, best sport probably currently tennis and I do play a ton of video games :p (sorta relevant for hand/eye coordination). Can't figure out if I should try to get a lesson or two just to make sure I don't learn bad habits up front. Makes sense to work on the approach+putting over just booming em though.

Shoot when I played golf more regularly back in college I was hitting my 6 iron 190, 7 175 every time and I was a mid 90s golfer at best. Frustratingly inconsistent and mostly sucky. Distance isn’t everything. Start with the short game and work your way out. That will be how I have to rebuild my game if I ever get to play again.

Briefly talkin' fruit: a ripe nectarine is an absurdly underrated fruit. Like probably top 3 fruit for me. Nectarine juice was just (no homo, GTB) running down my chin. And I liked it.

On the other hand, the watermelon we cut over the weekend was pretty trash, like 5/10 quality. Very disappointing.

It’s been awhile but locomotivebreath checked in by PM

Hey fuckface. It's real funny how when you were a moderator (on the board you ruined), you were real quick to fire off a chastising and sometimes threatening message. Now, with no perceived power, you don't say shit. What a shocker. Pussy.

i feel like i should posrep locomotive breath for his commitment to this schtick that he has going on

Holy fucking shit. 200 yards out of a 6 iron? I'm 165 if I'm SMOKING it.

this is me. a well struck six is right at 165 for me. and unfortunately the "well struck" is fairly rare.

Briefly talkin' fruit: a ripe nectarine is an absurdly underrated fruit. Like probably top 3 fruit for me. Nectarine juice was just (no homo, GTB) running down my chin. And I liked it.

On the other hand, the watermelon we cut over the weekend was pretty trash, like 5/10 quality. Very disappointing.

<3

I crush my irons but can’t hit a driver to save my life. I haven’t touched a club since Thanksgiving.

My parents are moving closer to us this week so I anticipate playing a lot more golf.

lk would know the short par four that goes way downhill and way uphill and starts off the back 9, either # 11 or 12 at pine brook (whatever it's called now), i used to nearly always drive the green there but never in my life birdied the hole

#13 was the really short par 4 there...fun hole, but I probably have only birdied it once over 7-8 rounds myself. 12 is that par-4 with the 2nd shot straight uphill, where the fairway was crowned and your ball almost always ran into the rough.

Oh yea then 14 is the long par 5 and 15 the par 3 over water I remember

Gonna stop you right there, bro. Your body is not up to it. Knees and Back will be ruined after 1-2 sessions. Maybe elbow too if you are anything like me.

I got Whole Foods delivering a watermelon tomorrow. I'm the only person in my household that enjoys watermelon (well, trying to force it on my 9mo old but he's not a fan of anything without tons of flavor like cucumber or watermelon). Will probably just snack on half all afternoon and then make some kind of watermelon salad (feta, mint etc.) this weekend.

This is all to say, I hope it's better than the watermelon you cut over the weekend.

Just had to go back and edit where I capitalized Watermelon and Cucumber every time. I have too much reverence for fruits and veggies I guess.

i checked to see if that's the first time that sentence has ever been written and good news

B0DhaeU.png

on this episode of "talkin fruit"

is the Whole Foods algorithm effective?

nZAnxFw.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back