• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our boy had his first "I'm going to be a real asshole" night last night. Would not chill out and sleep (not fuss/cry) for more than 5 mins for around 12 hours (2:30p-2:30a). Mom had been up since 4 am the night before so I sent her to bed around 10 and hung with him until she woke back up around 4 am. Finally after trying ever sleep/resting position possible, while mixing in bottle feedings, he finally fell asleep around 3 am. I slept from 4-8, and apparently he's been an angel since I went to be. Mom and baby are now in the bedroom and he's actually sleeping in his bassinet which he refused to do until now.

Hoping this was a one day demonic possession, but I know that is unlikely.

Yeah man. Circle of life. It gets way better.

WTF is this mafia chat thread? This type of aggression will not be tolerated.

Yeah man. Circle of life. It gets way better.

Our boy cried for 6 hours straight, midnight to 6 a.m., on night 2. It was right after his circumcision, which I'm guessing contributed substantially to the problem, because he's been a very relaxed and easy baby pretty much ever since

Throwing this out there, we've already been asked to let the office know if we take time off and choose a vacation spot that "has crowds." We've been discouraged from going anywhere that would expose us outside of family members by being told we'll have to quarantine for 14 days after returning from leave if we choose to take leave at a location that poses a risk.

How would you respond to the below email from your chain of command?

"Please let us know what your current thinking is regarding the attendance of your child or children to daycare and/or school. We are trying to formulate office policy and need your response by next Monday or Tuesday. If your current plans change, please let us know immediately."

Our son spent about 10 days in the hospital detoxing before we brought him home -- we met him on day 8 and didn't spend the night at the hospital the first night -- so we missed some of the initial terrible nights. He had his mostly sleepless nights a handful of times the first couple of months but he's been a really easy baby since. Both sets of grandparents are surprised with how chill he is compared to their kids.

Our boy cried for 6 hours straight, midnight to 6 a.m., on night 2. It was right after his circumcision, which I'm guessing contributed substantially to the problem, because he's been a very relaxed and easy baby pretty much ever since

post prompted me to look up circumcision stats

From Wikipedia: During the 2000s, the prevalence of circumcision in men aged 14–59 differed by race: 91 percent of non-Hispanic white men, 76 percent of black men, and 44 percent of Hispanic men were circumcised, according to data in Mayo Clinic Proceedings.

what contributed to parents' decisions on whether or not to circumcise? any religious consideration?

isn't there virtually no health benefit?

webmd claims some health benefits but i'll admit this is not an area of expertise for me

our son is currently not circumcised because he's on Medicaid and they don't pay for it. can't put him on our insurance until the adoption finalizes (hopefully soon if they can get a court date), but I think we still want to go through with it.

baby crying is annoying but 3+ yr olds negotiating every fucking thing is worse

webmd claims some health benefits but i'll admit this is not an area of expertise for me

From Wikipedia: During the 2000s, the prevalence of circumcision in men aged 14–59 differed by race: 91 percent of non-Hispanic white men, 76 percent of black men, and 44 percent of Hispanic men were circumcised, according to data in Mayo Clinic Proceedings.

what contributed to parents' decisions on whether or not to circumcise? any religious consideration?

Interesting about Hispanics. I saw something about (relatively minor) health benefits as well, but that was mostly a rationalization. We did it mostly based on appearance

goddamn it the Rey-Osterrieth complex figure is incredible.

Boy is officially a week old today! And he's been very peaceful so far since I woke up.

We got the circ done at the hospital, and since I'm designated diaper changer I get to see his blistered penis and the remnants of his umbilical cord 5-10 times/day. It will never not look weird.

3 month birthday for ours today. Sleeping 8-10 hours at night right now - we’re bracing for the 3 month sleep regression.

yeah, that 3 month - 18 month period was awesome, then we switched to a toddler bed and that was fun

I had some week+ old turkey in a sandwich for lunch that has already seemingly led to an immediate bout of 'rhea. Smelled a little off but tasted pretty normal. Why the hell did we have to buy the real turkey from Whole Foods instead of the uber processed/salted Teeter turkey?!

My best friend in the whole world is uncut. Before I had my first son, he pulled me aside and told me that I might get some folks saying that I shouldn't get my son circumcised because X reason. Over about an hour he confided some serious shit, but the take away was that being uncut was/is a huge source of pain in his life. From his first girlfriend to his last - all of them have been weirded out by his dick. Dude is one of the nicest dudes I know, and the reactions from some of these women that he related were just fucking heart breaking. Dude straight up has a complex from it and holds it as one of the main reasons he isn't yet married at 30-something.

It was really hard for him to talk about. I'm only relating this here because there's absolutely no way that anyone who reads this could ever connect the dots to who this dude is. Also, I delete all my posts, so whatever. I feel like that a lot of parents only get one side of the story, so it's important that I share when I can be anonymous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back