• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I NEVER said I knew the number. To say I did is an intentional and blatant lie.

This is actually a tough spot for the mods. I don't think RJ deserves a perma-ban by any means, but if his staying means quality and/or volume posters leave in droves, then he might have to go, for the good of the realm. I'll have a better pulse after 18 (holes and beers) with LK this afternoon.

I dont really think its that tough of a call. How often would you have X amount of posters saying they wont post if someone is still around? Seems like an ongoing problem and pretty simple math. If it worked like you described the TOSU board you post on does then the majority would be free of this shit years ago.

I know one thing. This shit has got to get resolved because the mafia contingent demands it. We will not lose Townie and Juice from our imaginary world.

You run into an asshole in the morning, hey you ran into an asshole. You run into assholes all day, then you’re the asshole.

RJ runs into assholes all day.

These threads remind me why I took a long hiatus from the boards.

This is true but to some extent, those assholes are a problem because they keep engaging with him.

Old school posters remember when threads used to devolve into fights between me and RJ. I put him on ignore at least three iterations of the boards ago. And then when people quote him I just resist the urge to talk about him.

Problem solved.

I don’t know why more people don’t do that. Enough participate and we get herd immunity.

I know one thing. This shit has got to get resolved because the mafia contingent demands it. We will not lose Townie and Juice from our imaginary world.

there's a whole forum for mafia at ogboards2 (which is really ogboards 7)

This is true but to some extent, those assholes are a problem because they keep engaging with him.

Old school posters remember when threads used to devolve into fights between me and RJ. I put him on ignore at least three iterations of the boards ago. And then when people quote him I just resist the urge to talk about him.

Problem solved.

I don’t know why more people don’t do that. Enough participate and we get herd immunity.

I could get behind this idea.

I NEVER said I knew the number. To say I did is an intentional and blatant lie.

But yet you’ve been bragging about your “info” for a year. Which turned out to be a second hand conversation with no specifics.

Congrats. Huge scoop for you.

Herd immunity. Hilarious way to phrase it, but it applies.

I'm in the "I don't mind rj" camp, but I would love it if he could find a way to not make everything personal. It does suck how often threads about other things turn into threads about rj.

For instance, rj, if everyone makes fun of your viewpoint or says you have crappy sources, can't you just deescalate? If you know you're right, who cares what anyone else thinks? Just move on or ignore them. I guarantee you if you did this you would have fewer people harassing you and making what you consider inappropriate personal remarks and threats.

How would one learn about how to play this thing called mafia?

Just lurk on a thread?

I'm in the "I don't mind rj" camp, but I would love it if he could find a way to not make everything personal. It does suck how often threads about other things turn into threads about rj.

For instance, rj, if everyone makes fun of your viewpoint or says you have crappy sources, can't you just deescalate? If you know you're right, who cares what anyone else thinks? Just move on or ignore them. I guarantee you if you did this you would have fewer people harassing you and making what you consider inappropriate personal remarks and threats.

I've tried that and it doesn't work. When I've tried that, they get louder.

Maybe threads wouldn't explode into ones you say are about me if others didn't attack and bring me into threads I hadn't joined

I've offered to make peace with everyone who wants to, but none of them will even consider it. How is that on me?

I'm willing to make this happen. Why can't you ask others to join with me?

The issues could end TODAY. Why won't they try?

Please answer 03.

He won't stop until everyone gives him the credit he so rightly deserves for being the best, most intelligent, most in-the-know, most correct poster in the history of OGB.

How would one learn about how to play this thing called mafia?

Just lurk on a thread?

Connor you would be welcome, feel free to sign up for any game and people will help you learn the ropes. We like new blood and some of our newest recruits (Townie, Juice, mako) have been fucking awesome additions. I'm sure you would be too.

I could get behind this idea.

You've gotta love PH. The real story behind that is that one point I had defended him over and over and over again. I gave him some inside info and he lied about it. He was even called on his lies by the other people who saw the info,. he then said he was never wrong in anything.

After that, I put him on ignore.

Thanks for the laugh.

P.S. My favorite PH story was him getting indignant and posting obscure about himself which included asking me how he wore his hair and where he tailgated. My old board In Box was overflowing from people who knew him at Wake with all the answers. Still my #1 PM of that effort was the guy who said PH routinely called offensive fouls in pick-up games and stop games to argue about it.

Connor you would be welcome, feel free to sign up for any game and people will help you learn the ropes. We like new blood and some of our newest recruits (Townie, Juice, mako) have been fucking awesome additions. I'm sure you would be too.

Thx.

I just might do so when I've got the time (I'm about to run out of much to spend here for a bit)--may be a little while, but I'm intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back