• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Cooking > Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to broker the great rj peace accords at the beginning of the corona outbreak. It both killed my soul and took my innocence away. There will be peace only with the total annihilation of one of the two factions, and perhaps a new, better ogboards can rise from the ashes.

it already has

RJ, what WFU03 has suggested makes sense. It takes two to make a fight. If you refuse to fight, the fighting will end. Will the usual suspects continue to ridicule you? Of course. That's obvious. They enjoy the fight. It's many against one. Is it fair? Of course not. You realize life is not fair. It never has been fair. However, if you quit fighting the complaints and insults from the usual suspects will be exposed for what they are. They might even stop.

You can make the turmoil end by yourself. All that is required is you showing that an old dog can learn a new trick. It is that simple. That is not to say simple is easy. It seldom is, especially when the simple is you doing it. My two cents.

After spending the entire afternoon reading all of these posts, pondering all of the intricacies and moral gray areas of both sides, and being completely unable to come to a decision about who is in the right, I have come to the conclusion that it’s a fucking internet message board and it’s entirely irrational and unhealthy to care this much about something so trivial. So I’ve decided that it’s in my best interests to step away from the boards entirely. Bye, ogboards. Love to all. It’s been real.

Except for mafia, obviously. Ima play the shit out of some mafia. What, did you think I have principles?

After spending the entire afternoon reading all of these posts, pondering all of the intricacies and moral gray areas of both sides, and being completely unable to come to a decision about who is in the right, I have come to the conclusion that it’s a fucking internet message board and it’s entirely irrational and unhealthy to care this much about something so trivial. So I’ve decided that it’s in my best interests to step away from the boards entirely. Bye, ogboards. Love to all. It’s been real.

Except for mafia, obviously. Ima play the shit out of some mafia. What, did you think I have principles?

shit mako summed up exactly how I've been feeling about this. respect. joined to talk wake sports or shoot the shit with alumni and that’s not what these boards are about these days.

maybe rj's right and maybe he's wrong about who said what and what they meant when they said it, but I agree with mako that the bigger issue is that I don't think it's good (for me) to care this much about what -- either way you slice it -- is just destructive drama.

plus, chupe already follows me on twitter so that base is covered. peace!

I could definitely see PH calling an offensive foul in a pickup game.

RJ, what WFU03 has suggested makes sense. It takes two to make a fight. If you refuse to fight, the fighting will end. Will the usual suspects continue to ridicule you? Of course. That's obvious. They enjoy the fight. It's many against one. Is it fair? Of course not. You realize life is not fair. It never has been fair. However, if you quit fighting the complaints and insults from the usual suspects will be exposed for what they are. They might even stop.

You can make the turmoil end by yourself. All that is required is you showing that an old dog can learn a new trick. It is that simple. That is not to say simple is easy. It seldom is, especially when the simple is you doing it. My two cents.

If you look at all the other threads I've been on today. There has been zero turmoil. The only ones with any issues are the ones directed at me, but not by me.

maybe rj's right and maybe he's wrong about who said what and what they meant when they said it, but I agree with mako that the bigger issue is that I don't think it's good (for me) to care this much about what -- either way you slice it -- is just destructive drama.

bye. Will miss kory

maybe rj's wrong and maybe you're right and maybe he's wrong and maybe you're right, maybe you're right, maybe he's wrong and just maybe you're right, and oh! maybe mother told him true that there'd always be somebody there for him and he'd never be alone, but maybe she's wrong and maybe you're right and just maybe she's wrong. maybe she's wrong and maybe you're right and if so here's this song

Honestly if I singlehandedly caused multiple people to stop posting on a message board, I’d think I was a special one too

He’s justified. You all give him too much attention.

people quitting the boards...vocally....is a weird phenomenon.

just, like, stop posting

karen-meme.jpeg

Those Jon and Kate kids must be in high school by now. The oldest are probably out of high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back